Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android - 7/28/2012 5:20:16 PM   
Darrell999

We need more wargames on Android. Seems to me that Advanced Tactics would be perfect, because the only other game like it on the whole Android platform is the Great Little Wargame series, and those are very cutesy with cartoon graphics.

Post #: 1
RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android - 7/28/2012 6:51:05 PM   
ernieschwitz

They sortof already did that, with the Small General game you can get to android. Vic, who programmed ATG, also programmed it.

(in reply to Darrell999)
Post #: 2
RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android - 7/28/2012 9:27:17 PM   
Darrell999

Hey, thanks!

Tried out the demo, and it's a fun little game,but from what I can tell, it's entirely tactical, not strategic, and there appears to be no way to save the games. What I really liked about Advanced Tactics (beside the scenario editor) is that it reminded me of an old game from the '90s called "Empire: Wargame of the Century"

(I tried to post a link with an image, but the forum wouldn't let me--but you could google it...)

Advanced Tactics reminded me of this, because the cities had production, making much more of a grand-strategic type of game.

Vic, if you happen to read this, please consider making it!

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android - 7/31/2012 5:14:14 PM   
Vic

@Darrell,

Yeah actually for a big part Empire has been the inspiration for AT :)

< Message edited by Vic -- 7/31/2012 5:29:18 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Darrell999)
Post #: 4
RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android - 9/10/2012 3:08:54 AM   
Evil Koala

Just thought I'd throw in a +1 to this. It would be amazing to be able to play my ATG multiplayer dropbox games via my android tablet.

For now, due to the lack of any strategy games with depth on Android, I've turned to DOS classics like V for Victory, World at War - Operation Crusader, The Third Reich, etc running on DOSBOX Turbo.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android - 9/13/2012 10:21:08 PM   
mkjhartmann

Actually I installed Splashtop 2 on my gaming machine, and the client on 10.1 inch Samsung tablet, and now I play DC on the tablet while snuggled next to the wife. Very comfy feeling.

Super easy to set up. Buy the client in the play store and install. Download the free server component on your computer and set up, which takes about 2 minutes. Take tablet touch Splashtop 2 and you will see your computer desktop running on your tablet.

This also works with other, but not all games. Seems that those that run in windows work fine, such as WiTE and ATG.

Mike

(in reply to Evil Koala)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> This would be the perfect wargame to port to Android Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI