Example for easy install .zip for patched version 1.01

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: Vic

Vic

Example for easy install .zip for patched version 1.01

Post by Vic »

Hi modders,

I made an example of how I think its easiest to distribute a mod.
I used the PanzerKrieg mod of RedMarkus.

Check it out here:
http://www.advancedtactics.org/pzkexample.zip

You can use the import zip button in the main menu to install this zip. Quit the game after this and restart, you'll get a pop up asking you if you want to use the RedMarkus mod or not.

You can also open it up in WinZip (or the like) to check how its ordered. Basically its a graphics directory and a mods directory and a dccbscenarios directory with some files in it.

Note that the I used differently named graphics directories for the RedMarkus graphics that used to overwrite the vanilla graphics and added special lines in the modfile in the mods/ directory to make the in game graphics loader change file locations.

Hope this example helps all to figure out how to make easy install of mods work.

Furthermore i can still make some improvements i think. Like telling the player that the mods/ file has been updated and if he wants to restart the game & also I think it will be usefull for the editor to get a button to quickly rename all the file locations its graphics are using. I'll put these things on the list.

best regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Redmarkus5

RE: Example for easy install .zip for patched version 1.01

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Deleted
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”