PBEM Protection that allows saves

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

balto

PBEM Protection that allows saves

Post by balto »

The PBEM Protection is in my mind a MUST.

I have been practicing a Campaign against the AI. For me, one turn is taking about 8 hours for me to be comfortable with hitting next turn. I can SAVE my turn, so that is not the problem.

Against a human, I am sure I would be even more cautious because there are sooo many units. But without the SAVE feature, how can anyone enjoy a campaign? I thought there were ways to have PBEM Protection WITH a save. It was the RELOADS that would show a boggie. I believe how it works is you could save a million times, you just could not RELOAD.

Is there some way this could be implemented? Without it, I feel campaigns are not possible versus a human.

schascha

RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves

Post by schascha »

+1
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

I'd suggest playing with PBEM prot turned off for the larger scenarios. Being able to save is too convenient for the long ones since turns take hours. Just try to find someone who isn't hyper-competitive to play against. I doubt anyone wants to take all that time to save-load such a huge monster game.

I just started a PBEM game and we both agreed to turn PBEM protection off so we can have a more enjoyable and relaxed game - having to do 3 hour turns (for example) is rough to find the time for but saving lets you break it up into 2 90 minute sessions. Although I suspect that like most big games once you get rolling your turns will speed up quite a bit. You will get used to the situation, your OOB, the map, etc and everything becomes quicker.

But ya I agree with your point - it'd be nice if Vic would implement that - but in the meantime I'd say just turn PBEM prot off. This isn't a game with few units - it has so many units that I doubt anyone even has time to try to cheat.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Hoyt Burrass

Post by Hoyt Burrass »

+1,

unfortunately it's just not feasible for me to commit 3+ hours at a sitting to do a turn....I've got a 5 year old, a job, a dog, and a wife.
Roll Tide
olivier34

Post by olivier34 »

I have started a pbem with Keunert and I have not turn of the pbem pro...I begin my turn, leave the place, come back but without some auto save...a litlle scary.
balto

Post by balto »

Just wondering if this is possible in DC. I think this is an important subject.
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Yes would be nice but for me is not a problem anyway because if someone is foul enough to reload a Case Blue turn for a bad decision is already a person with serious problems [:D]
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”