Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Protection that allows saves

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> PBEM Protection that allows saves Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Protection that allows saves - 7/27/2012 4:33:12 AM   
balto

The PBEM Protection is in my mind a MUST.

I have been practicing a Campaign against the AI. For me, one turn is taking about 8 hours for me to be comfortable with hitting next turn. I can SAVE my turn, so that is not the problem.

Against a human, I am sure I would be even more cautious because there are sooo many units. But without the SAVE feature, how can anyone enjoy a campaign? I thought there were ways to have PBEM Protection WITH a save. It was the RELOADS that would show a boggie. I believe how it works is you could save a million times, you just could not RELOAD.

Is there some way this could be implemented? Without it, I feel campaigns are not possible versus a human.

< Message edited by balto -- 7/27/2012 4:34:05 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves - 7/27/2012 5:30:02 AM   
schascha

+1

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves - 7/27/2012 6:36:29 AM   
jjdenver

I'd suggest playing with PBEM prot turned off for the larger scenarios. Being able to save is too convenient for the long ones since turns take hours. Just try to find someone who isn't hyper-competitive to play against. I doubt anyone wants to take all that time to save-load such a huge monster game.

I just started a PBEM game and we both agreed to turn PBEM protection off so we can have a more enjoyable and relaxed game - having to do 3 hour turns (for example) is rough to find the time for but saving lets you break it up into 2 90 minute sessions. Although I suspect that like most big games once you get rolling your turns will speed up quite a bit. You will get used to the situation, your OOB, the map, etc and everything becomes quicker.

But ya I agree with your point - it'd be nice if Vic would implement that - but in the meantime I'd say just turn PBEM prot off. This isn't a game with few units - it has so many units that I doubt anyone even has time to try to cheat.

< Message edited by jjdenver -- 7/27/2012 6:42:07 AM >

AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1735661

(in reply to schascha)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves - 7/27/2012 11:19:06 AM   
High Krausen

+1,

unfortunately it's just not feasible for me to commit 3+ hours at a sitting to do a turn....I've got a 5 year old, a job, a dog, and a wife.

Roll Tide

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves - 7/27/2012 11:57:12 AM   
olivier34

I have started a pbem with Keunert and I have not turn of the pbem pro...I begin my turn, leave the place, come back but without some auto save...a litlle scary.

(in reply to High Krausen)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves - 8/2/2012 3:10:59 PM   
balto

Just wondering if this is possible in DC. I think this is an important subject.

(in reply to olivier34)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM Protection that allows saves - 8/2/2012 3:29:42 PM   
Blind Sniper

Yes would be nice but for me is not a problem anyway because if someone is foul enough to reload a Case Blue turn for a bad decision is already a person with serious problems

Advanced Squad Leader; Grand Tactical Series; Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager; War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> PBEM Protection that allows saves Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI