Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: please explain air superiority in 1.02

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: please explain air superiority in 1.02 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: please explain air superiority in 1.02 - 10/11/2012 2:08:57 PM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner
Just spent about 2 hours with 1.03 on this, and come to these conclusions: we need more clarification from the programmer concerning the comparison of what he calls 'player superiority' vs 'enemy superiority.' And his use of the term 'ratio.' He mentions a ratio of -1, and that makes no sense at all.

The information on this feature is minimal, but it seems that if parts of your territory start to turn purple then you have to worry and reposition existing fighter units, or move in more fighters and the colour code indicates where they have to go, to be effective. I am not sure I want to know exact ratios, but if they are going to be published, then they should make some sense.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 31
RE: please explain air superiority in 1.02 - 10/11/2012 3:26:59 PM   
Rasputitsa

Looking at a 1943 Gotterdammerung scenario, which I intend to use for amphibious operations with solo house rules. I can see that, in this opening turn, I have air superiority over most of the French Channel coast (don't like the muddy colour much, but that can be changed), I only have an advantage (not full superiority) over Dunkirk and around Caen (darker green) and for several hexes inland in Normandy. Depending on where you intend to land, it is a help in fine tuning the position of your fighter units with this feature, such a shame to have a campaign ruined, because you didn't quite have your fighter units properly positioned.

For further operations, after any landings, you can see where the Germans have an air advantage (light green) and superiority (purple). This is also vital information for parachute operations, in support of later ground units, without this guide you may be committing them into hostile airspace.

I can see how useful this feature might be, but I not sure how much more detail should be realistically available, although as always there is no objection in having more options for those who want them, just the chance not to see the detail if you choose.

One of the good things about ToF is that it is not a data fest, so much in the actual events was uncertain and you always have the option not to use this feature at all.

FOW is switched 'off' to show the effects, but would be 'on' during a game, but the information over the vital areas would still be there.

Note : this is no longer a stock scenario, I have given the Channel Islands to Germany and fortified them, also increased the fortification on the Antwerp approaches to represent the effects of the inevitable flooding.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rasputitsa -- 10/11/2012 3:37:26 PM >

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: please explain air superiority in 1.02 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI