Shark7's little mod ideas

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Shark7

Shark7's little mod ideas

Post by Shark7 »

So, with all the new mod threads, and not wanting to hijack someone else's thread, I figured I'd do my own little thread here.

First up, Hosho...as a carrier, not so useful, too small to be used as anything other than a training carrier.

Now, what if the Washington Naval Treaty didn't exist? We can build heavier fleet carriers and Hosho loses all use at all. Can we turn it into something usefull or just scrap it?

Like Langley, it could be turned into an AV or CS type and used to service float planes or as a scout cruiser, potentially.

Anyway, just an idea

Attachments
Hosho.jpg
Hosho.jpg (272.33 KiB) Viewed 73 times
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
GaryChildress

RE: Shark7's little mod ideas

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: Shark7

So, with all the new mod threads, and not wanting to hijack someone else's thread, I figured I'd do my own little thread here.

First up, Hosho...as a carrier, not so useful, too small to be used as anything other than a training carrier.

Now, what if the Washington Naval Treaty didn't exist? We can build heavier fleet carriers and Hosho loses all use at all. Can we turn it into something usefull or just scrap it?

Like Langley, it could be turned into an AV or CS type and used to service float planes or as a scout cruiser, potentially.

Anyway, just an idea

As far as turning it into something "useful" I doubt it's possible. Maybe it could be converted into an amphibious support ship or something.
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

That was another thought. Perhaps similar to an LSD or LKA type.

Hosho was used to repatriate Japanese soldiers after the war ended, so we know for a fact it could accommodate troops with a minor conversion.
Distant Worlds Fan

Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

OK, Take 2: LSD version retaining some A/C ability. Basically, you take the idea that the large hangar is converted for troop and cargo space, while you leave some float plane servicing ability with the smaller hangar (or atop the deck, as the hangar may not be large enough to accommodate a floatplane). Tried to keep the numbers for cargo and troops within a reasonable limit.

Attachments
Hosho2.jpg
Hosho2.jpg (279.46 KiB) Viewed 73 times
Distant Worlds Fan

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”