Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shark7's little mod ideas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Shark7's little mod ideas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shark7's little mod ideas - 7/26/2012 7:06:34 PM   
Shark7

So, with all the new mod threads, and not wanting to hijack someone else's thread, I figured I'd do my own little thread here.

First up, Hosho...as a carrier, not so useful, too small to be used as anything other than a training carrier.

Now, what if the Washington Naval Treaty didn't exist? We can build heavier fleet carriers and Hosho loses all use at all. Can we turn it into something usefull or just scrap it?

Like Langley, it could be turned into an AV or CS type and used to service float planes or as a scout cruiser, potentially.

Anyway, just an idea

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Shark7 -- 7/26/2012 7:08:40 PM >

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Post #: 1
RE: Shark7's little mod ideas - 7/27/2012 3:21:46 AM   
Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

So, with all the new mod threads, and not wanting to hijack someone else's thread, I figured I'd do my own little thread here.

First up, Hosho...as a carrier, not so useful, too small to be used as anything other than a training carrier.

Now, what if the Washington Naval Treaty didn't exist? We can build heavier fleet carriers and Hosho loses all use at all. Can we turn it into something usefull or just scrap it?

Like Langley, it could be turned into an AV or CS type and used to service float planes or as a scout cruiser, potentially.

Anyway, just an idea

As far as turning it into something "useful" I doubt it's possible. Maybe it could be converted into an amphibious support ship or something.

Favorite/Awesome games from Matrix

War in the Pacific/AE
Panzer Corps
Commander Europe at War
John Tiller's Campaign Series
The Close Combat Series (all versions)

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 2
RE: Shark7's little mod ideas - 7/27/2012 5:12:40 AM   
Shark7

That was another thought. Perhaps similar to an LSD or LKA type.

Hosho was used to repatriate Japanese soldiers after the war ended, so we know for a fact it could accommodate troops with a minor conversion.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 3
RE: Shark7's little mod ideas - 7/28/2012 2:49:04 AM   
Shark7

OK, Take 2: LSD version retaining some A/C ability. Basically, you take the idea that the large hangar is converted for troop and cargo space, while you leave some float plane servicing ability with the smaller hangar (or atop the deck, as the hangar may not be large enough to accommodate a floatplane). Tried to keep the numbers for cargo and troops within a reasonable limit.

Attachment (1)

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Shark7's little mod ideas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI