1.02 BETA 2 reports

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

gwgardner

1.02 BETA 2 reports

Post by gwgardner »

I just played Barbarossa with the new patch, three hands off turns, looking at a variety of majors and minors, and I'm happy to be able to report that upkeep appears to be working now - at least as far as each country having its specific upkeep levels. Will require further play to see if all aspects of the new upkeep feature is working.

this looks like a major step forward for the game.

AH4Ever

RE: 1.02 BETA 2 reports

Post by AH4Ever »

I was able to load v1.01 saved game with no trouble.

Something cosmetic the two new buttons (Next Unit/ Units to Deploy) overlap slightly, they are functioning properly.
JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!
AH4Ever

Post by AH4Ever »

I am not even sure this is something that needs to be fixed, so I thought I would let you decide. I set up a hands-off game for the grand campaign to take a look at the new events that Germany has too deal with. I chose Slovakia as the country under human control. As the AI was playing the German turn, I saw some unusual results in the air fight and air strike windows.

Several times there were multiple damage results shown and on the German side of the window the total was never accurate. This happened quite frequently during the first three turns and always on the Western front.

Attachments
AirApparent01.jpg
AirApparent01.jpg (89.81 KiB) Viewed 258 times
JJMC

The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.

You weren't there Thursday... You MISSED it!
lycortas

Post by lycortas »

Thanks for the patch, i appreciate it. The only error i have seen is Stettin Germany is written out in ASCII characters since i put the new beta 2 patch on. Also in the shipping screen it says "<ASCII> has sent 20 supplies to Konigsberg"
That's no moon, it's a space station!
Magpius

Post by Magpius »

+1 with Lycortas
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

personnel and material losses from battle seem a little skewed to me, example this bomber squadron attack against a British armored division in Africa. .2 strength points lost to the armored unit, extrapolated to 209 tanks lost? I doubt that a British division had that many tanks.

25 planes lost? I realize this represents a week of bomber runs against that division, but still that seems way off to me. For air unit losses, the 'soldiers' should be changed to 'air crew.'

Attachments
capture_30..2_095147.jpg
capture_30..2_095147.jpg (53.21 KiB) Viewed 257 times

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Major Problem - stop the presses for 1.02 beta 2

Perhaps a side-effect of the new supply rules? The Axis has units in North Africa, with a clear path to Tripoli, but the game says the convoy from Athens to Tripoli cannot be executed because no units need the supply. This is a killer for the N. Africa campaign.

Attachments
capture_30..2_102353.jpg
capture_30..2_102353.jpg (161.58 KiB) Viewed 257 times

gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

re above, units in N Africa with clear path to Tripoli

Attachments
capture_30..2_102510.jpg
capture_30..2_102510.jpg (99.05 KiB) Viewed 257 times

daniel123

Post by daniel123 »

i found a work around. all you need to do is leave one unit at Tripoli. the convoy will say it suppling only one unit, but is seem to spead out to any others.
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

personnel and material losses from battle seem a little skewed to me, example this bomber squadron attack against a British armored division in Africa. .2 strength points lost to the armored unit, extrapolated to 209 tanks lost? I doubt that a British division had that many tanks.

25 planes lost? I realize this represents a week of bomber runs against that division, but still that seems way off to me. For air unit losses, the 'soldiers' should be changed to 'air crew.'

It seems that tank,guns,men,etc. figures in the info pannel are ten times the scheduled unit composition. May be its the same issue.
To decrease ten times the scheduled figures in the const.ini files should then solve the issue.
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

ORIGINAL: daniel123
i found a work around. all you need to do is leave one unit at Tripoli. the convoy will say it suppling only one unit, but is seem to spead out to any others.

My NA supply as axis seems OK, but I have always had ports garrisoned, it seems that to lose a port to a surprise landing would be too catastrophic to contemplate.[:)]

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: daniel123

Good workaround, however, at the start of the Barbarossa scenario, and probably others, the German N. Africa units are close to Tobruk, far away from Tripoli. It will take four turns for me to get a German unit into Tobruk, by sea transport.

However, your workaround should certainly give the programmers a clue as to how to fix this, or what the exact problem is.

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I'm still on a holidays with my family till the end of this week, so I'm not really able to check the N Africa problem. Could you please check what is the level of supply of that unit, if you consider that thanks to the convoys you are able only to deliver 20 Supply (as there are no railroads).
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Enjoy your holiday, hope the weather is better than it is here.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

I'm still on a holidays with my family till the end of this week, so I'm not really able to check the N Africa problem. Could you please check what is the level of supply of that unit, if you consider that thanks to the convoys you are able only to deliver 20 Supply (as there are no railroads).

It's the Deutches Afrika Korps, and is getting zero supply - not even local supply from the nearest city. It is now turn two, and it is labeled as '1 turn without supply.'

The convoy is never run. The statement on the convoy report is that 'there are no units that could receive supply from that convoy.'

Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

I started a new Grand Campaign and the City Stettin is !@@$#@%$^%&^%*&$*&^((*&

Supply from !@#@$#%$^&%^*&*&((

Attachments
TOF1.02.jpg
TOF1.02.jpg (360.03 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Razz1

RE: 1.02 bugs Mulberry

Post by Razz1 »

No Mulberry icons!

Attachments
TOF 1.02 Mulberry.jpg
TOF 1.02 Mulberry.jpg (325.72 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Razz1

RE: 1.02 bugs Mulberry

Post by Razz1 »

This is weird... after clicking on several maps and unit icon types the Mulberry appeared.

Closed game. Start new one again and now I can see a Mulberry if I place it on the map.
Razz1

RE: 1.02 bugs Zoom out

Post by Razz1 »

Map Zooms out too far on first scroll.

I can not read any strength numbers.

Can you?

It's actually more blurry looking at the screen when compared to this snap shot.

Attachments
TOF1.2Zoom.jpg
TOF1.2Zoom.jpg (291.89 KiB) Viewed 257 times
doomtrader

RE: 1.02 bugs Zoom out

Post by doomtrader »

Razz,

I can confirm the Stettin issue.
I have been testing Polish fonts, and forgot to revert changes. sorry about that.

No mulberry icon must be your mod issue.

Return to “Time of Fury”