Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions about TOEs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Some questions about TOEs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions about TOEs - 7/26/2012 2:53:32 PM   
Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

Hi
First of all, my complements, you made an excellent game.
My post here is about some doubts I have with the TOE of several units as written down in the OOB document.

1) The German Motor Div in 1942 had 2 Inf regiments that were motorized, but in all other respects they were like regular Infantry divisions, but in the OOB they show a TOE with much less infantry and with some med arty and Tank destroyers??

2) The Jäger regiments are like normal regiments but without Inf Guns, but in fact they had each 2 Inf Gun companies instead of one each one, so they shopuld have double the ammount of inf guns of a normal inf regiment (btw the 100th Jäger div had 3 inf regiments, including the reinforced 369th Croat Jäger Regiment, which came with its own artillery battalion)

3) Only one PzGren regiment of the Pz divisions had halftracks, the other was just motorized.

4) The Romanian Inf divisions were very strong in inf, but in the OOB they are much smaller than an average German Inf Div. Besides they had an arty bde with 36x75mm schneider field guns and 16x100mm Skoda howitzers, all that replaced in their TOE by Inf guns in the game.

I haven´t checked the OOB in depth, those were just some issues I spotted from an overview, I wonder if the research of OOB and TOE for the game was just too superficial or it was part of the game design, but it looks strange. I wonder if all that can be redone of modded.

< Message edited by Iñaki Harrizabalagatar -- 7/26/2012 2:56:00 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions about TOEs - 7/26/2012 3:14:45 PM   
Templer

from the corresponding manual:

1.7. A WORD FROM THE DESIGNER
Congratulations! You have just bought an accessible historical operational simulation
of the fighting in the Ukraine and Caucasus during May 1942 – April 1943.
The Decisive Campaign games, including this one, are, at their core, historical
simulations. Yes, some compromises have been made for the sake of gameplay, but it
is very important to me that these Decisive Campaigns games actually stay relatively
close to historical reality and can be used to learn lessons about military history and get
an idea of the experiences and dilemmas similar to those faced by the real commanding
generals of the past.

I would imagine this include even deviations of historical TOE's.

< Message edited by Templer -- 7/26/2012 3:15:26 PM >

(in reply to Iñaki Harrizabalagatar)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Some questions about TOEs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI