Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bug HQ fragmenting part II

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bug HQ fragmenting part II Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bug HQ fragmenting part II - 7/25/2012 9:53:52 AM   
seille

Many players already know the bug where air HQ in amphibious TFs get "damaged" during landings against enemy beaches.
The result is you have a fragment (without torp support !!) left and the core unit arrives in xx days in Tokyo.

This one is old and was reported by many players months ago. I runned into a new one that is related to this one.

As many player know several Fleet HQs can provide torpedo support for planes. 4th fleet is such a example.

When i landed it at Rabaul in first attack wave it happened the same that happened to my air HQs. A fragment at Rabaul and the main body of 4th fleet
arriving in Tokyo xx days later.
My plan was to get the main unit from Tokyo at respawn date and recombine with the fragment at Truk (in the meantime i had transported the fragment back to Truk). When i loaded the
"respawn-turn" into tracker i wondered about the message that 4th fleet arrived at Truk. That was not the expected respawn location, it was Tokyo.
When i opened the turn i saw what happened. Don´t know why, but now i had a fragment at Tokyo and the main unit in Truk. They switched their
fragment-parent status. That would not have been that much of a problem, BUT (now comes the funny part):
ALL units which has been under command of 4th fleet got a "4th fleet[R]", all of them restricted. None of them were restricted before and MANY of these troops i already bought out of Manchukuo.

The fragment bug is hard enough, but if there are such following bugs it is time for a fix.

Would be nice to get a statement what happened and what is planned to fix those bugs.

Many thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Bug HQ fragmenting part II - 7/26/2012 7:55:55 PM   
Capt Cliff

Yes, I have had problems with fragmented units, HQ's and others. This was a horrible problem with Uncommon Valor, so bad I stopped playing.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to seille)
Post #: 2
RE: Bug HQ fragmenting part II - 7/26/2012 9:21:16 PM   
seille

Actually it´s a problem with AE. The fragment-bug, or better "why did i lost my torpedo support?"-bug was reported by several players already.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Bug HQ fragmenting part II Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI