Matrix Games Forums

Civil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now available
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cracking Brest-Litovsk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Cracking Brest-Litovsk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/24/2012 6:23:17 PM   
Seminole

After playing through several games as the Soviets I've taken my first complete run at Road to Leningrad. Something of a cakewalk against the AI as with just 1 HQBU I managed to leave the AI only a single hex of territory by turn 17 (separate attacks by two Pzr Divs failed to evict a motorized division hiding in the last FR on the Svir Line).

Thought I'd try Road to Moscow but wanted to ask how the experts here prefer to crack the fort as Brest-Litovsk. Seems like the key to a good opening by on the road to Minsk by Guderian, so I'm curious what folks like to bring to bear.

Lots of infantry and contend with the penalty of fighting over the river?
Post #: 1
RE: Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/24/2012 6:40:18 PM   
timmyab

I blast the weakly held line to the North of Brest with divisions from 4th army and then move 12th corps across the river and do a deliberate, it never fails.Be sure to load up 12th corps divisions with support units, especially pioneers.

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 2
RE: Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/24/2012 6:47:14 PM   
Walloc

Well some surround it and then attack/capture it in turn 2. If u wana do them in turn one, u dont need to do much. This way u can get that RR going from turn 1, tho not many do that in teh campaign game tho. Kill off with hasty attack the Fort unit 2 hexes NW, retreat the sec unit NW with hasty. Move the 3 inf divs to hex per battle, 2 times 12 Cv and 1 times 10 CV. Deliberate with GS and u get this..... U avoid the river penalty, doing it like this but if ofc uses those inf divs up tho u have 9+ MP left. 36.5:1 should do it, i didnt attach any SU nor optimze HQ command range or the like.

Hope it helps, else speak up

Rasmus

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Walloc -- 7/24/2012 6:52:08 PM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 3
RE: Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/24/2012 7:04:49 PM   
timmyab

Actually having thought about it for a moment or two, it's probably better to use 13th corps from 4th army to assault Brest.Slightly more risky maybe but it should work if you attach 252nd division to the corps.Add the pioneer battalion from 43rd corps before you transfer it.This will get 12th corps moving further on turn one.
Like so.

< Message edited by timmyab -- 7/24/2012 7:34:58 PM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 4
RE: Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/24/2012 7:08:32 PM   
Ketza

I always just surround it and kill it turn 2. I only play campaigns so maybe that makes a difference in ones approach.

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 5
RE: Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/24/2012 11:55:50 PM   
rrbill

Campaign or scenario, I use the PzGr Inf to take it on T1. 1st clear and take the hex just N and then combined attack of 4 Inf divs. Saves MPs of the local armor units. Move all Inf forward as far as possible and then roll the tanks, etc. Use the cav division to clear the swampy thing south of Brest. What am I missing?

BTW, I build a road through the swampy thing to set up major thrust in the clear region at the east end of the swamp. This ties in with the main thrust of AG Mitte.

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 6
RE: Cracking Brest-Litovsk - 7/25/2012 12:56:49 AM   
Ketza

Her is an example of what I do. In the "Brest Pocket" as I like to call it you can bag several Soviet divisions. This a shot after Soviet moves.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ketza -- 7/25/2012 12:57:34 AM >

(in reply to rrbill)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Cracking Brest-Litovsk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI