Main number in counters

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Vic

albricias

Main number in counters

Post by albricias »

With the map in the maximum zoom level: what does the large number of counters mean?

I see taht the same question remains unanswered in "DC: from Warsaw to Paris" forum.

I tend to think it's something like "combat factor" of unit, but not sure.

Reading the section "3.8 units" of the Manual, I can think that the number refers to the "battlestack", since he devotes a paragraph in that section. However, when I compare the data "points stack" shown on the tab "unit details" of the info bar inferior, does not always fit.

In short, I give up. What does it mean?
LiquidSky

RE: Main number in counters

Post by LiquidSky »

It is the size of the unit. Divide the number of men by 100, divide the number of guns and afv's by 5 and add them all together.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
albricias

Post by albricias »

Thanks, LiquidSky. It was very confusing for me.
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

That number is also the number of units the counter has...and units are what fires, and takes damage. So a unit with a strength of 2 will probably die, whereas a bigger unit, like 30 will take some damage and retreat.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Is there any way to switch that number from showing only the combat strength of the top unit in the stack to instead show the strength of all the units in that stack added together? That option would seem to make it a lot easier to get a sense of the strength of various sectors at a glance. Otherwise the clicking on the hex, switching from NATO to silhouette mode, and then adding together in one's head is a bit clunky...

Truly fantastic game in it's modelling of the operations, but still trying to get my head around some of the presentation elements of it that go against war-game conventions, particularly when using NATO counters.
Rom3l

Post by Rom3l »

ORIGINAL: map66

Is there any way to switch that number from showing only the combat strength of the top unit in the stack to instead show the strength of all the units in that stack added together? That option would seem to make it a lot easier to get a sense of the strength of various sectors at a glance. Otherwise the clicking on the hex, switching from NATO to silhouette mode, and then adding together in one's head is a bit clunky...

Truly fantastic game in it's modelling of the operations, but still trying to get my head around some of the presentation elements of it that go against war-game conventions, particularly when using NATO counters.

+1
Radagy

Post by Radagy »

ORIGINAL: Rom3l

ORIGINAL: map66

+1

one more +1
Isokron

Post by Isokron »

I would like that as well. A not perfect workaround is that you can see the total number in the infobar at the top of the screen (for some reason it doesnt always show the exact sum of the counters in the hex though, not sure why). But it would be nice to get an overview of a larger area at a glance.

Return to “The War Room”