Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Through a Building?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Through a Building? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Through a Building? - 7/23/2012 11:13:34 PM   
k9mike

Hi Everyone. Just thought would ask around....While playing the Stalingrad Railroad Station map....I had one of my Stug's pass right through the Train Station??
I had layed down a big smoke screen on the front portion of the station and was taking the time to skirt around bldg...When one of my Stug's thought it would be easier just to go right through it! LOL....Sure wish could post a pic of it...was pretty amazing.
Is this just another case of a bad "CLip" issue with this map??? Ala...the Stuka going through the ground deal....Or what???
Anyone??? Maybe Jmass can post a pick of it...I bet he was pretty amazed by it too...
Mike
Post #: 1
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 12:13:17 AM   
Mobius

There's are two passageways that infantry can go through the buildings but there should be blocking terrain there so vehicles can't pass. But the pathing algorithm may get confused with all the close buildings.

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 2
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 12:19:48 AM   
Rick

Mike,

I'm curous, did the vehicle keep going, or did it get stuck in building?

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 12:34:50 AM   
k9mike

No, it continued to end of its pathing...which was just on other side of the building. It passed through just like it wasnt even there....lol. I am thinking maybe the smoke might have had something to do with it...Wish I had the ability to take the scene and replay it. Just to see if the pathing should have taken it around...and with the smoke...it just thought there was nothing there to hinder it and went straight through it.
Mike
P.S.. I sent you the log file Rick.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 4
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 1:37:39 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

No, it continued to end of its pathing...which was just on other side of the building. It passed through just like it wasnt even there....lol. I am thinking maybe the smoke might have had something to do with it...Wish I had the ability to take the scene and replay it. Just to see if the pathing should have taken it around...and with the smoke...it just thought there was nothing there to hinder it and went straight through it.
Mike
P.S.. I sent you the log file Rick.

Well, better than being stuck inside the building. And I did get the log file. I'm still seeing the other errors I mentioned, but nothing associated with a pathing error. But they must not be causing a problem.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 5
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 1:45:10 AM   
JMass

I saved a screenshot (we are playing a pbem).

Attachment (1)

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 6
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 1:52:17 AM   
junk2drive

First, are you playing with enlarged units? Sometimes that will cause things to look strange but when you reduce it down to normal size it is all ok.

Second take a screenshot with the hotkey. Find the folder. Open the bmp with Paint that comes with Windows. Click file and Save As... and save it as a jpeg.

In the forum, click the orange "post reply" button. Type a message. At the bottom, click the box that says "Embed picture in post" Then click "click here to upload and navigate to the screenshot folder. Select the jpeg. Then click OK and wait for the message. Then click ok to post the reply.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 7
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 2:12:45 AM   
Mobius

There is no passage through that section of the station. The tank went right through impassible terrain.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 8
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 2:16:57 AM   
k9mike

That is a SWEET screenshot Vito. Glad you were able to capture that...Poor Stug...he didnt last long...lol, but think he atleast took out that AT gun.
I think the smoke causes a CLIP to happen and makes the piece of the bldg invisible hence passible...what do you think Rick?

< Message edited by k9mike -- 7/24/2012 2:18:21 AM >

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 9
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 2:55:20 AM   
Mobius

Movement doesn't depend on sighting. It only follows the underlying terrain map and ground mesh. What orders did you give the StuG HQ unit? And did you give that sub-unit any orders?

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 10
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 4:38:57 AM   
k9mike

It was an Advance movement I believe....Just dont understand why it happened, other then that there was smoke in that spot and the building looked translucent and it appear like it wasnt there.. and the stug passed right through.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 11
RE: Through a Building? - 7/24/2012 8:14:16 AM   
Rick

That is curious. As Mobius said though, the movement is controlled by terrain map associated with that map, and shouldn't have moved through it. That map probably has the highest density of building on it. That might be the cause. We used to occasionally get tanks that would do that across rivers, but Stridor managed to eliminate that issue.

Thanks for posting that. It looks like we'll need to look at that for when we move into more urbanized terrain.

Rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Through a Building? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI