Whats going on here

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

goatan

Whats going on here

Post by goatan »

What does the shield like symbol under the allied troops at canton mean? i have never seen this before.

Attachments
canton.jpg
canton.jpg (6 KiB) Viewed 76 times
dr.hal

RE: Whats going on here

Post by dr.hal »

Looks like home plate!
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: goatan

What does the shield like symbol under the allied troops at canton mean? i have never seen this before.

Does it go away if you reload the game and save? That looks like a 25% drawn LCU square transported from somewhere else by a memory page glitch.
The Moose
goatan

Post by goatan »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Does it go away if you reload the game and save? That looks like a 25% drawn LCU square transported from somewhere else by a memory page glitch.
Nope it's still there after a reload a restart and running a\ turn. I wonder if its worth making a new thread in the tech forum.
Hanzberger

Post by Hanzberger »

Easy, it's 1st and 3rd with two outs. [:D]
Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Nope it's still there after a reload a restart and running a\ turn. I wonder if its worth making a new thread in the tech forum.

I'd say yes.
The Moose
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Looks like its picking up a graphic from somewhere it's not supposed to. I seem to remember seeing that graphic in one of the bitmaps, can't remember which one now though. I think it's a scroll button or something. [&:]
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Yep. Here's your shield. It's coming from the artwork for the scroll menu. See orange arrow in the picture below.

Attachments
shield.jpg
shield.jpg (278.63 KiB) Viewed 64 times
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Yep. Here's your shield. It's coming from the artwork for the scroll menu. See orange arrow in the picture below.

Yep, exact match. Seems to be a graphics glicth, might try opening some of those menus and closing them to see what happens.
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

Great catch Gary...
goatan

Post by goatan »

Well it definetley looks like a graphical problem that doesnt want to go. Oh well so long as it doesnt affect the game im not bothered thanks all for the advice etc.
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Hey goatan, did you restart AE or reboot your computer? I'd suggest trying to reboot and then open AE with no other applications running. See if that clears it up.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”