Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

a request to the modders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> a request to the modders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a request to the modders - 7/23/2012 9:47:11 AM   
Keunert

would it be possible to make the mods in a way that they are installable from within DC Case Blue with the install ZIP option? i use parallels on mac and it would make things easier this way.

i would also recommend you to use the advanced tactics scenario bank: a year from now i will have a hard time to find your links. the scenariobank just worked great for the dozens of mods for Advanced Tactics Gold: one central place for all of your works of art would really make things easy.
Post #: 1
RE: a request to the modders - 7/23/2012 11:00:02 AM   
PirateJock

+1

Good call on using The Scenario Bank to keep the mod files live.

Cheers

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 2
RE: a request to the modders - 7/23/2012 3:05:15 PM   
redmarkus4

I will check that out. I have asked Vic for clarification on the install Zip option but will experiment with it as well

Managers read statistics and tune processes. Leaders interpret statistics and determine strategy.

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 3
RE: a request to the modders - 7/24/2012 1:17:23 AM   
**budd**

I've used it alot for scenarios for ATG, better never for mods, how would you switch back and forth with mods using the install zip thing? It's a breeze with JSME to switch mods back and forth and mix and match.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 4
RE: a request to the modders - 7/24/2012 2:44:37 AM   
krupp_88mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

would it be possible to make the mods in a way that they are installable from within DC Case Blue with the install ZIP option? i use parallels on mac and it would make things easier this way.

i would also recommend you to use the advanced tactics scenario bank: a year from now i will have a hard time to find your links. the scenariobank just worked great for the dozens of mods for Advanced Tactics Gold: one central place for all of your works of art would really make things easy.

I understand 7zip isnt compatible with mac.. The reason i use it is because its more efficient works easier than winzip or others and best its completely free. If there is another zip tool out there that is free and works with mac, let me know and ill see if i can do my mods in that zip program for mac users. Like budd said, im guessing you wouldn't want to instal mods with the game zip, unless you were sure you wanted the game permanently modded in that style. Some people might be fine with that, but i wonder if i should do that because some people might instal things mistakenly and overwrite their game files and then want to go back and unable to do so.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> a request to the modders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI