Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 2:22:44 AM   
krupp_88mm

Introducing Krupp's Graphix edition and
RRRH-Sr graphix edition mod

Featuring hand painted(fingerpainting) art by Krupp. Now you can play for hours staring at the handiwork of a madman.
Also featuring all the things you know and love about RRRH-Sr (optional).

About Graphix
Mostly handmade, incorporating a few element of the original art to try to "keep the feel" (just be glad there are no hidden ponies (or are there?))
Please note: This is just meant to be a temporary placeholder, I made it because alot of people wanted it from what i 'herd'.
I only editied the plains textures alot of other textures could use some love, but i just dont have the time right now, i did mud and also snow.
I only spent a few minutes on snow, so it may not look so great.. anyway you can use the default snow if you wish, by just deleting the snow folders before you install.

About RRRH-Sr
Now you can survey the map with ease seeing the roads rails and rivers, it should be much easier to tell river sizes apart and see where the roads are
(especially zoomed out more) and the hex's are shaded so they dont stick out so much, so you have an better time.
Now added reduced shroud so you can plan your panzer attacks deep behind enemy lines without squinting to see the terrain.

Download link for RRRH-Sr Graphix V2 Mod (newer version not pictured here.)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k

Download link for RRRH-Sr Graphix Mod
http://www.mediafire.com/?37nb3n1kn8rgv14

Download link for standalone Graphix Mod
http://www.mediafire.com/?ij9cu7to3eta4p4

If you would like to download any separate mod you can install them apart or together with RRRH-Sr.

Download link for RRRH-Sr
http://www.mediafire.com/?whc4vbw508ywi13

Reduced shroud: http://www.mediafire.com/?hbzvs3wg83vyayw

Hex shader: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ps5nzxe58j399j

River recolor/brighter: http://www.mediafire.com/?z2j9zdw314r9lw4

Roads and rails darkener: http://www.mediafire.com/?mped5p5utbbimel

Before

After RRRH-Sr Graphix ed

RRRH-Sr Graphix ed Medium zoom

RRRH-Sr Graphix ed Far zoom

RRRH-Sr Graphix ed Mud

RRRH-Sr Graphix ed Snow

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 7/26/2012 2:04:06 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 4:46:40 AM   
**budd**

Wow choice is good, thx for your work Krupp. You and Redmarkus work fast. thx again.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 2
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 5:06:12 AM   
krupp_88mm

Gladd you like it, unfortunately some things may slow down for a bit. As I really am starting to be limited by the game engine with what i want to do.. For instance i would have liked to be able to mod in an entire map, not just hex's.. Or at least have the ability to use more than 13 hex's and position them on the map. Not sure how to do this yet. Anyway ill see if someone figures it out i have alot of math work to do now so probably this will be the last thing for awhile.. enjoy.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 3
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 6:00:16 AM   
Keunert

wow looks really great!

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 4
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 6:14:14 AM   
AZ Gung Ho

GREAT - I love it, big improvement! Thanks!

"In Arduis Fidelis"
Louie Marsh

Books:
Once A Raider… http://tinyurl.com/89mfnnk
Getting Real - http://tinyurl.com/7zhcjlq
Websites:
www.marshianchronicles.com
www.usmcraiders.com

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 5
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 8:21:42 AM   
hafer

Incredible! IT looks fantastic! Thanx a lot!

(in reply to AZ Gung Ho)
Post #: 6
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 9:41:38 AM   
Keunert

if you want to install the mod manually do i really have to copy paste each folders content?
i tried copying like it is mentioned in the txt file but then a lot of files are missing.
i am a tech noob of the highest order btw.

(in reply to hafer)
Post #: 7
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 12:42:58 PM   
**budd**

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

if you want to install the mod manually do i really have to copy paste each folders content?
i tried copying like it is mentioned in the txt file but then a lot of files are missing.

You got to use JSME , makes life so much easier with mods,swapping in and out. Was going to put a link to Jones software site but it seems to not exist. There is still places to download it. Google "Jones software mod enabler" and pick a site your comfortable downloading it from. If you need any help installing or using it plenty of people here use it so ask away. It really is the best way to go.
Here's some lowdown- Once you download it install to the main directory of the game you want to mod, pick yes to wanting a desktop short cut. The first time you start it from your new desktop icon it will ask to put a folder called "MODS" in your game directory, this mod folder is where you unzipp your JSME ready mods. Once you have mods unzipped into this folder you just open up the the mod program by clicking your new desktop icon and pick the ones you want to run. Here's some visuals. hopes this helps. Edit - Sorry about the size it was a hasty throw together

You can see from the above screenshot of my desktop i have 6 different installs of JSME for 6 games i have mods too. DC1,DC2, red victory, campaign series, pco, combat command. It really is the easiest way to go for mods.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by **budd** -- 7/23/2012 12:55:08 PM >

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 8
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 1:10:45 PM   
Keunert

thanks a lot budd

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 9
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 1:19:51 PM   
Arinvald

Krupp, this looks outstanding! Just what I was wanting.

Budd, thanks for the small tutorial on the mod program. I have never used it and this should help.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 10
Excellent work by krupp_88mm and redmarkus - 7/23/2012 1:36:48 PM   
Templer

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Wow choice is good, thx for your work Krupp. You and Redmarkus work fast. thx again.

Yes, krupp_88mm and redmarkus4 work fast and excellent!
So let me say: wow, wow!

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 11
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 3:15:36 PM   
redmarkus4

That's nice work and it's good that we are taking totally opposite directions. Should make everyone happy.

I am taking the clean board game route, but I think you could try this to get the map making tools you want:

1. Create new hex types call Plains 2, Plains 3, Plains 50, etc. Theres a demo on doing this in the Editor manual where Vic creates a new Grass hex type.

2. Edit the map and use the different Plains hex types as you desire.

This will get you away from the 13 hex limitation.

Also, I read that if you only create the DC normal image the game will resize the BIG and SMALL images automatically, but it will slow down loading...

Note - I am experimenting with this and it's tough. Will be a lot of work...

< Message edited by redmarkus4 -- 7/23/2012 11:16:10 PM >

Cyberpower tower PC
Intel Core i7-3930k CPU, 3.20GHz processor
32 GB RAM
2TB HD
2xNVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards, each with 4095 MB
Realtek sound card
Dell 3007WFP (running at 2560x1600) 32 bit monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit O

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 12
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 4:24:35 PM   
SCAF

Wow, amazing man. Thanks mate will use for sure.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 13
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 4:44:57 PM   
Templer

Great work. Like it very much.

I use your cards only for the maximum zoom. At lower zoom a better clear and neutral overview is more important to me.

But (sorry), your green map often, sometimes also your mud map, gives the impression of small hills.
This is irritating and distracting. Can you improve this issue?

Even if you are on your snow map only for a few minutes, like this best.
Your snow map in conjunction with redmarkus4 winterized unit mod looks fantastic.
However, you then also need to prepare a hot water bottle and hot tee for playing.

(in reply to SCAF)
Post #: 14
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/23/2012 11:44:11 PM   
krupp_88mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

quote:

Im not sure what is going on but im guessing the miscommunication was that you backup the graphics folder by duplicating it.. not just renaming it. As teh folder i provided only has the changed files in it, you will need to copy over the original if you are not using a mod enabler like JSGME, which i would highly recommend.

Doenload for JSGME
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21681483/JSGME.7z

and thanks for that tutorial budd excellent.

( i might point out using JSGME you dont need to make backup copies, just enable or disable mods at will. Although using a plethora of mods you might need to be careful in the order you enable them if they are modding the same files and you want the changes from one or the other. )

I haven't had experience with the zip folder for this game and i have no idea how it works, i am probably more noob at this game than most of you, i am just ding what i know from other games. I never played from this series before. But i will look at it later when i get the chance.

quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

That's nice work and it's good that we are taking totally opposite directions. Should make everyone happy.

I am taking the clean board game route, but I think you could try this to get the map making tools you want:

1. Create new hex types call Plains 2, Plains 3, Plains 50, etc. Theres a demo on doing this in the Editor manual where Vic creates a new Grass hex type.

2. Edit the map and use the different Plains hex types as you desire.

This will get you away from the 13 hex limitation.

Also, I read that if you only create the DC normal image the game will re-size the BIG and SMALL images automatically, but it will slow down loading...

Note - I am experimenting with this and it's tough. Will be a lot of work...

This is amazing news.. now i am wishing i had known before release such a mediocre texture now that i know i can make more than 13 hex's, i will investigate it as soon as i can probably for next release.. thinking about redoing the swamps hills and forest too.

However i have one real concern.. if i do this (make more than 13 hex's) will the map still be usable for multiplayer and will people have to download the new map? because i wanted to stay away from that. What i mean is can one person with the mod play against someone else without it.. or will they need to both download it?

That is also good to read about the resizing will save some time, but i wonder if the game resizing it improves the quality or not.. if not i may just do it anyway so it doesn't put more strain on the pc for loading ect.

I didnt know we were having territory wars.. lol you better hope i dont decide to mod any flat textures i can paint-bucket very seriously.. lol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer

Great work. Like it very much.

I use your cards only for the maximum zoom. At lower zoom a better clear and neutral overview is more important to me.

But (sorry), your green map often, sometimes also your mud map, gives the impression of small hills.
This is irritating and distracting. Can you improve this issue?

Even if you are on your snow map only for a few minutes, like this best.
Your snow map in conjunction with redmarkus4 winterized unit mod looks fantastic.
However, you then also need to prepare a hot water bottle and hot tee for playing.

Hey you have a very refined taste Templar, i imagine you as a king on his throne only selecting the finest morsels. But it is good, because when i take your advice, the mod always improves someway. Your taste is good. I will do that for the next texture, try to make it 'flatter' looking, i will also probably make the hills look more 'hilly', so hopefully wont be so bad.

It is also ironic you mentioned this because my primary intention when i started was to just make the terrain more identifiable, and with my last mod i did the opposite, made it less identifiable. But this is what people asked for, and i like it too. I will use my own mod, yes i like it that much..lol. But it is wanting in areas. Like I said this was a stop gap measure. i only spent about 2 hours and one hour was spent trying to figure out how to mask layers in photoshop. i didnt figure it out either i had to use the old selection / inverse / move and delete trick.

I think the main problem the reason the hex's look hilly, is becaseu the green standard color im using to make sure the hex's connect with eachother everywhere, but i never use that color on the actually hex's enough... So it makes them look like bumps. Im thinking maybe i can choose three or four neutral colors that dont clash, and spatter them on the edges and blend with the centers, to flatten things out but avoid ugly hex lines.

Its also fitting that snow turned out the best, because i had the least amount of time to screw that up.. all i did was take the paint brush and dab white paint over the mud teture, and then take an eraser and dab the eraser brush. Then adjust the hue to less saturation.. and done.

To everyone else i am glad you enjoy it, that is the reason i make the mods more than i play the game.

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 7/24/2012 12:02:04 AM >

(in reply to Templer)
Post #: 15
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/24/2012 1:06:52 AM   
**budd**

When you and Redmarkus are happy with your mods you should upload them to Vic's site here http://www.advancedtactics.org/ you'll have to join to upload and download. The site now supports DC1 , DC2, AT, ATG, for mods and scenarios. For mods i prefer JSME, but scenarios might be easier for folks to install the zip file and a common place to look for mods and scenarios at one place. Just my 2 cents.

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 16
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/24/2012 6:40:55 AM   
Flaviusx

This is very slick and professional. Somebody should be paying you for this work...

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 17
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/24/2012 8:07:57 AM   
redmarkus4

quote:

When you and Redmarkus are happy with your mods you should upload them to Vic's site here http://www.advancedtactics.org/ you'll have to join to upload and download. The site now supports DC1 , DC2, AT, ATG, for mods and scenarios. For mods i prefer JSME, but scenarios might be easier for folks to install the zip file and a common place to look for mods and scenarios at one place. Just my 2 cents.

I can see how to upload scenarios but I can't figure how you upload Mods there...

Cyberpower tower PC
Intel Core i7-3930k CPU, 3.20GHz processor
32 GB RAM
2TB HD
2xNVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards, each with 4095 MB
Realtek sound card
Dell 3007WFP (running at 2560x1600) 32 bit monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit O

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 18
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/25/2012 12:19:14 AM   
**budd**

I've never uploaded there,but i believe its the same process. you must get to pick a category in the process some where thats puts it under the graphic mod category on the website. I noticed the graphic mods there are listed with scenario names. Just name the file for what it is and upload it. I'm not sure how the mods would work with DC using the install zip file routine. With ATG you had to use the master file associated with graphic mod and you couldnt use two different mods unless someone combined them into 1 master file. Maybe DC is different i dont know. JSME is in my opinion the way to go for graphic mods. Maybe just upload them and give instructions for JSME install and also for putting them right in the graphics folder, although i dont know why anyone would want to do that when you can switch mods in and out in a flash using JSME.
quote:

ORIGINAL: redmarkus4

quote:

I can see how to upload scenarios but I can't figure how you upload Mods there...

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 19
RE: Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) - 7/25/2012 3:47:28 PM   
GFelz

The mud and winter are especially good. Well done.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> Krupp's Graphix edition (plains only) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI