Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. - 7/22/2012 1:32:54 PM   
Pelton

People have been asking me about this under the current rule set so I figured I try to get some human on human server war footage. This game is on going which means the thread will be also.

The cap on Corp HQ after build up appears to be about 350, there is not a cap on suppies. A unit can hold up to 2200 for ever basicly. I have one unit will over 2200 now for 5 turns.

Setting up. You need a min of 3 (4 works the best) panzer Corp HQers in the thrusting area.
I also set up 1 Corp of Infantry with the best commander and high morale units. I Corp in these example.
Model HQ will have 7 to 9 artillery.
4 90+ morale infantry divisions with 2 poineers each and 1 Stug.
1 Mot regiment

I personally like to beat the crap out of 1 mot unit in each PZ Corp, but keep morale over 90. Turn refit off. The less tanks at front the better as they require less fuel. I try can keep elite units at or near 90% plus TOE.

Chains work the best from turns 3-7 chasing the retreating Red Horde, but in this case I am using vs strong defences in poor terrain for mech forses and friendly terrain for rifle divisions.

Turn 8 Chain is set up on by putting the LVI near front but yet with in range of rail head.
I Corp is just getting to front. Air bases are moved right to front. Rail head is not far from front as can be seen after repairing forward.

Attachment (1)

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk
Post #: 1
RE: The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. - 7/22/2012 1:41:25 PM   
Pelton

Turn 9 LVI divisions fight pushing forward then with drawing withen range for HQ. It does the build up after all moves are done. As can be seen the HQ only holds 321 fuel.

Another HQ( I get name when I get next turn back) is moved forward but withen range of rail head. Now most Reds with see the thrust and do the rifle blob, but because of the chain and MP’s being at 30 to 47 for all 12 divisions in the bulge I be setting a trap using I Corp as the hammer and a single mot division as anvil.

Before the nerf it was possible to keep the hole PZ AG (12-16 divisions ) at plus 40 forever because of muling and Corp could hole fuel like supplies, over 1000. I have one unit that has had 2200+ supplies for 5 turns, in tech thread.
Same thing happened with fuel before nerf. So a HQB really lasted 2 turns, then throw in a muling/air drops, HQ rotation as I am doing and you have max MP forever on every single PZ division on map as MT was the master of. The nerf was needed and really completely changed my approach to the hole 41 campiagn.

Personally I stopped using air fuel dumps and muling at the time I started my game with M60, because I knew a nerf was inc and needed to change to what I knew would be happening in the near future as far as logistics go.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 7/22/2012 1:43:16 PM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 2
RE: The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. - 7/22/2012 1:57:04 PM   
Pelton

Turn 10 The AGC Corp pushes forward and then pulls back and fuels up. LVI then drives forward. I Corp is in Bugle at front. All 4 divisions have 15+ CV/ 2 Poineers 1 Stug and army HQ packed with art. All 4 units have atleast 12-16 MP per turn. Also another PZ Corp is set up to HQB on turn 11. Also check out 20th PZ. LVI Corp HQB on turn 9, yet after moving on turn 10 20th has 92% fuel. As you will see on next page the units from LVI pull out of thrust and drive east. As you can see I am trashing the mech units, less vechile requires less gas.

The trap is set the bait is taken and the next post will have to wait until it is my turn as the current game is on going.

The Rifle blob is the standard Red tactic to counter the thin thrust German thrust, with a checher board next around that.
I be doing another thread where a chain is used to drive through 2 lines of 2x stacked rifle units then punch across a 3rd line in wood on the other side of a minor river SE of Moscow, all three lines broken in same turn with a brake through.

Its easy to chain in open like down south or early in game to counter the run east Red tactics used by most everyone now.

The key is using it in areas where the Reds have to fight in good terrain for rifle divisions or even Corps. I been able to assault Moscow head on in 42 M60. The terrain is also a plus for defending as my CV suck in mech units, once through they can hold ground easly.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 7/22/2012 1:58:50 PM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 3
RE: The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. - 7/22/2012 2:20:43 PM   
Pelton

Just wanted to point out I am not switching units between HQ's

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 4
RE: The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. - 7/24/2012 10:36:59 AM   
Pelton

I am still moving units in the game, but you get the picture of the possiblitys from another game where the SHC is retreating east quickly tring to save a much of the Red army as possible.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Pelton -- 7/24/2012 1:40:35 PM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> The chain under the new 1.06.13 rule set. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI