Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Flak Numbers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Flak Numbers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flak Numbers - 7/21/2012 10:46:45 PM   
The Red Baron

On the trooptype details for the German Flak 88, there are two numbers - one for Heavy Flak and one for Light Flak. Each has a light blue Flak gun symbol next to it (see screenshto). Anyone figured out what these relate to? I can't find any reference to it in the manual. Are these attack values? Defense? Both? Are they ratings against attacking aircraft or Flak? Both?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Flak Numbers - 7/21/2012 11:21:55 PM   
alex0809

Isn't it simply that the heavy rating is used against high-level aircraft and the light rating against low-level aircraft?
And to your second question, I don't think I really understand it - how would FlaK do anything but defend in the first place?

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 2
RE: Flak Numbers - 7/21/2012 11:37:33 PM   
Templer

quote:

ORIGINAL: alex0809
how would FlaK do anything but defend in the first place?

The 88 was one of the best, maybe the best tank killer in WWII!

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 3
RE: Flak Numbers - 7/21/2012 11:41:18 PM   
The Red Baron

Flak can attack as evidenced by its hard attack and soft attack ratings (44 and 10, respectively). Maybe they are ratings against level bombers on the one hand, and all other aircraft, which attack at a lower altitude, on the other?

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 4
RE: Flak Numbers - 7/25/2012 10:22:50 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: alex0809

Isn't it simply that the heavy rating is used against high-level aircraft and the light rating against low-level aircraft?
And to your second question, I don't think I really understand it - how would FlaK do anything but defend in the first place?

Thats right. Fighers and divebombers qualify as low flying and level bombers as high flying.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Flak Numbers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI