Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Support and Cooperation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Support and Cooperation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Support and Cooperation - 7/21/2012 6:04:06 PM   
orabera

I'm back to TAOW after a while away and reread the manual and change document for 3.4.

While support and cooperation is not that difficult to understand, one aspect can be near impossible for some us. For those of us who interpret colors in a unique different that those with normal color vision determining which color is close to another is near impossible.

Has anyone built a chart that displays the different color codes found in the XMl files and their relation to other colors?

Unfortunately when I look and the color chart that comes up in the editor and the way the colors are distributed, it's near impossible for me determine which colors are close to others colors that are way on the other side of the chart.

It would be much easier if I could change the colors in XML after creating the unit.

To me every color with any green in it, or the grays, are pretty much the same color:

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Support and Cooperation - 7/21/2012 10:32:22 PM   
LLv34_Snefens

I haven't checked them all, but it apears they follow the following order

0 5 10 15 20...
1 6 11 16 21...
2 7...
3 8...
4 9...

(in reply to orabera)
Post #: 2
RE: Support and Cooperation - 7/22/2012 8:16:43 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: orabera

I'm back to TAOW after a while away and reread the manual and change document for 3.4.

While support and cooperation is not that difficult to understand, one aspect can be near impossible for some us. For those of us who interpret colors in a unique different that those with normal color vision determining which color is close to another is near impossible.

Has anyone built a chart that displays the different color codes found in the XMl files and their relation to other colors?

Unfortunately when I look and the color chart that comes up in the editor and the way the colors are distributed, it's near impossible for me determine which colors are close to others colors that are way on the other side of the chart.

It would be much easier if I could change the colors in XML after creating the unit.

To me every color with any green in it, or the grays, are pretty much the same color:

Kamerad,

I strongly recommend the latest Scenario Editor from Andy, For the OOB & TO&E creation nothing works easier and better in conjunction with an .XML editor, too.

Klink, Oberst

Attachment (1)

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to orabera)
Post #: 3
RE: Support and Cooperation - 7/22/2012 5:07:07 PM   
orabera

I using the scenario editor and it's a great tool.

Colors still not great, but I open the image you sent in my favorite image editor and looked at the rgb values. From that I get the results below.

There are four shades of Gray/black, should all cooperate reasonable well together.

Two shades of red, again reasonably ok together.

Three shades of blue, again reasonably ok together.

One white and one yellow.

Next part is tricky.

Columns 1 and 2 are the same background color.
3 and 4 are the same.
5 and 6 are the same.
7 and 8 are the same.

9 is different, but should work reasonable well with 1-8 which are all fairly close to each other.

Hope this is correct.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 4
RE: Support and Cooperation - 7/22/2012 7:00:10 PM   
LLv34_Snefens

No, for purposes of cooperation only the colors in the same column get the benefit.

This is true even for the columns 2 and 14 (or 1 and 2 from your numbering) which have identical background color (also to non-color blinds) but for the game they could have been white and black.

< Message edited by LLv34_Snefens -- 7/22/2012 7:01:06 PM >

(in reply to orabera)
Post #: 5
RE: Support and Cooperation - 7/23/2012 5:16:37 PM   
orabera

Thank you for the clarification, the manual is not absolutely clear on this and could be read either way. And I was reading it the way I wanted, oh well.

Thank you,
Mike

(in reply to LLv34_Snefens)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Support and Cooperation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI