Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports >> Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany - 7/21/2012 1:24:55 PM   
AndyG1

Russian Minor Victory in the end. I literally JUST fell short on the last turn (12th July) - one more hex, 35 AP's more to spend and I would have made it!!!!

Turn 2 snow flurry slowed me down from the start, and the Russian Armour tried to take advantage by pouring through a weak spot on my front. They spread themselves out (North to South) over 3 hexes, but next turn I managed to circle them with a pincer movement - this spread out my Armour and Motorised units on the East, slower infantry to the West and South/North West. Despite being encircled there was always the fear they would break through my weak East line and re-establish a supply line. This in the end is what probably cost me victory - I felt the need to reduce this mass pocket of Russian armour before I could truly move East with confidence.

In the end, much redcued supply to my Stukas; Artillery and Armour slowed me down even more, plus the AI's fall back defence - followed in Turn by their Northern assault once the 5th Tank Army came into play.

Below are screenshots showing the situation on 10th July (only 1 hex of Russian Armour left in that pocket now). And then a high view and close up view of the situation at the end of the last turn (12th July). Voronehz so close yet so far!!!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany - 7/21/2012 1:27:31 PM   
AndyG1

And 12th July (last turn) - High view first (notice the light snow/precipitation returned at end of July 12th turn!):-

Attachment (1)

(in reply to AndyG1)
Post #: 2
RE: Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany - 7/21/2012 1:30:01 PM   
AndyG1

And lastly 12th July end of turn (AI goes last) - close up view:-

.....let's try again

< Message edited by AndyG1 -- 7/21/2012 1:36:15 PM >

(in reply to AndyG1)
Post #: 3
RE: Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany - 7/21/2012 1:37:01 PM   
AndyG1

12th July (end of last turn) close up:-

Attachment (1)

(in reply to AndyG1)
Post #: 4
RE: Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany - 7/21/2012 2:13:44 PM   
EisenHammer

I'm sure the snow/precipitation is just rain/mud.

(in reply to AndyG1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> After Action Reports >> Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI