Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

why buy this when I already have fWtP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> why buy this when I already have fWtP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/20/2012 8:52:10 PM   
jnpoint

I already own fWtP and like it. So are there enough changes and new things in this game to justify a buy? I mean, are they not too similar?
Post #: 1
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/20/2012 10:36:46 PM   
redmarkus4

It's set in Russia in 1943...???

Cyberpower tower PC
Intel Core i7-3930k CPU, 3.20GHz processor
32 GB RAM
2TB HD
2xNVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 graphics cards, each with 4095 MB
Realtek sound card
Dell 3007WFP (running at 2560x1600) 32 bit monitor
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit O

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 2
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/20/2012 10:44:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi jnpoint,

If you like Warsaw to Paris, then this will give you a significantly improved version of the same base design, in a completely different front with new scenarios and some great strategic options. It is a new experience in my opinion and also the development and sales of this game are helping to fund an update to bring many of these improvements back to Warsaw to Paris as well. I think any fan of Warsaw to Paris who would like to have a great new wargame experience and at the same time help this series to grow and improve should get Case Blue.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 3
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/20/2012 10:45:04 PM   
jnpoint

wow I didn't know.... (redmarkus4)

< Message edited by jnpoint -- 7/20/2012 10:46:42 PM >

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 4
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/20/2012 11:55:21 PM   
Keunert

i second Erik's post. i own two HPS titles, like 5 FIFA titles... but i think compared with those other series there is a significant jump between DC1 & DC2. when i played it first i stopped and read the new manual first, even though i played DC1 dozen of times.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 5
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/21/2012 12:20:39 AM   
Mac Linehan

Erik, Victor, Gents -

Case Blue and fWtP looks like a "must buy" for me. I am very pleased that the Case Blue rules manual has been released to the public. I am definitely a "read all the rules first before I play" kind of guy - and shall purchase both games in the near future.

After carefully studying the product pages for both games, may I offer my sincere respect to VR games for what unquestionably is a First Class product.

That said - I am looking forward to this new challenge - and it will be good.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/21/2012 1:08:10 AM   
sulla05

I wrote a long ( for me ) post for why you should buy this game but it was eaten by the internet or something.

The main points were the changes in the game since WTP and also in this campaign both sides have a chance for a win.

Don't get me wrong, in WTP you could win on points but you could not crush the German army and pretty much win the war in a campaign.

Both sides in CB can win and can win big.

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
6 Gb DD3
ATI 5800

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 7
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/21/2012 6:47:04 PM   
Scouseair68

Mac,

Now is the time to buy WtP as Matrix have generously discounted it to celebrate the release of Case Blue. I took the plunge and am very glad I did.

< Message edited by Scouseair68 -- 7/21/2012 6:48:31 PM >

(in reply to sulla05)
Post #: 8
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/21/2012 10:56:06 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi jnpoint,

If you like Warsaw to Paris, then this will give you a significantly improved version of the same base design, in a completely different front with new scenarios and some great strategic options. It is a new experience in my opinion and also the development and sales of this game are helping to fund an update to bring many of these improvements back to Warsaw to Paris as well. I think any fan of Warsaw to Paris who would like to have a great new wargame experience and at the same time help this series to grow and improve should get Case Blue.

Regards,

- Erik

If I should end up buying this game, I would do it because I want to say thanks for one of the best war games ATG - sad there isn't a new one like that.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/22/2012 12:29:44 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scouseair68

Mac,

Now is the time to buy WtP as Matrix have generously discounted it to celebrate the release of Case Blue. I took the plunge and am very glad I did.

Scouseair68 -

Thank You for the recommendation; learning the game system on WtP first makes sense. And with a forthcoming patch to upgrade WtP to CB standard - it is a win / win situation.

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Scouseair68)
Post #: 10
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/22/2012 3:34:09 AM   
Arinvald

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scouseair68

Mac,

Yep! CB has convinced me to also buy WtP and the sale is just icing on the cake.

"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

(in reply to Scouseair68)
Post #: 11
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/22/2012 4:02:16 AM   
gamerincol

I just did the same thing - bought the earlier game, too. CB is the first operational level game with good level of detail that just clicked for me. Very, very well done in all aspects within game and great presence on the forums. So I bought the earlier one and am enjoying that, too. Great game, great price with the sale, and great to support such a fine developer like Vic.

michael

(in reply to Arinvald)
Post #: 12
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/23/2012 3:48:33 PM   
jnpoint

I do not know, but I guess that you are planing a third DC game. I hope it has a longer time span? And more build options for engineers like ATG? Maybe I'm alone with this...

(in reply to gamerincol)
Post #: 13
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/23/2012 5:59:49 PM   
WilliePete

You probably are. This is not ATG and I don't want it to be! I love this game terribly, and feel lucky that Vic is in the business of making great war games. One of the best war games to come out. If you really do own Warsaw to Paris, then it should be easy to understand why to buy the next game in the series.

I predict and expect to see more of the same in the future, but always improving over the last. If you are still scratching your head over this decision, then maybe it's just not your cup of tea...

< Message edited by WilliePete -- 7/23/2012 6:27:17 PM >

- They That Sow The Wind, Shall Reap The Whirlwind -

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 14
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/23/2012 6:49:52 PM   
jnpoint

Yes, I think you are right, WilliePete. Maybe the next game!

(in reply to WilliePete)
Post #: 15
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/23/2012 7:28:25 PM   
Keunert

i think Vic stated somewhere that DC is not the end of Advanced Tactics. if both series go on and i hope they will, i think it's better for both to have a clearly different profile. with the editor available my guess is that DC2 went a step closer to AT anyway.

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 16
RE: why buy this when I already have fWtP - 7/23/2012 8:13:21 PM   
jnpoint

Yes, I just saw this:
"Just a quick word to the ATG players!

I am getting close to finishing Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue.
I expect to have to do quite a lot of post-release care for this product as it is a pretty complex game.
But time will come available to do some upgrades and patches for Decisive Campaigns : Warsaw to Paris as well as Advanced Tactics Gold.

I am planning to spent some more time on doing some patches for ATG in the future. Especially on the front of improving the random games generator and probably i'll also try-out some new functionality concerning research.

I have not forgotten about this game :)

Best regards,
Vic
"

So, now I'm happy too. ATG for now.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> why buy this when I already have fWtP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI