Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

software for screenshots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> software for screenshots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
software for screenshots - 7/20/2012 1:05:03 PM   
schascha

Which software are you using to do your screenshots ?

For me Gadwin doesn't work every time and when I do screenshots with Fraps my game can scratch.
Post #: 1
RE: software for screenshots - 7/21/2012 3:05:05 AM   
michaelm

One free one that seems to be popular is Paint.NET. Another is GIMP.

Michael

(in reply to schascha)
Post #: 2
RE: software for screenshots - 7/21/2012 4:33:40 AM   
Seminole

Paint.NET is nice for image manipulation. Make sure you're using the layer tool!
I also like to take screenshots of the entire front before and after moves. I click on Shminsk (just west of Lake Ilmen), zoom to level 1, then back out to level 3 then scroll up to the top of the map. I can get from northern map edge to the southern Rumanian border in three overlapping images (1920x1080). I use Irfanview to batch crop the images so I can easily and seamlessly line them up in MS Paint and save a screenshot that encompasses the eastern front.
It's nice with these before and after static screens to get a good sense for where the battle is flowing.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: software for screenshots - 7/21/2012 6:32:29 AM   
Tarhunnas

I find that Paint does everything I need with the screenshots. For a big composite map, just start at the top of the area of the game map you want, press alt+Prt Sc, then paste into paint. Move picture up and left so the toolbars and jump map are outside the visible area. Change picture properties so height is 3000 pixels or so. Go to game, scroll down so you have a slight overlap with the last shot, do screenshot. Start another instance of paint and paste into that. Move up and left as before, press Ctrl+A to select the entire picture and Ctrl + C to copy, paste it into the first instance of paint and move unitil it aligns with the previous screenshot. Repeat until finished. Then crop the final big picture to what you want.

< Message edited by Tarhunnas -- 7/21/2012 6:34:53 AM >

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 4
RE: software for screenshots - 7/21/2012 7:50:14 AM   
Cad908

Give Screenshot Captor a try. It is freeware, though you have to jump through a couple of hoops to register the product.

Here is the CNET link:

http://download.cnet.com/Screenshot-Captor/3000-20432_4-10433616.html

What I really like is that it supports dual monitors. You can take several screens in sequence, and they are saved where and in the format you designate. You do not have to paste each screen as you go, and later can use an editor like Paint.Net to create your final image.

(in reply to Tarhunnas)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> software for screenshots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI