Suggestions for next update

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

GatoMacho

Suggestions for next update

Post by GatoMacho »

I'm really loving CB. But, even as you find things you wish were different as you get to know your lover better, I've found a couple of items in CB I'd like to see changed:

When selecting a unit in the OOB and then clicking the OOB tab to close it, the mouse clicks through to the map and your unit is no longer selected. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

There's no way to undo a move. I understand this is by-design and I'm thinking with my WitE hat on, but this is driving me crazy. I know. I know I should be more careful and thoughtful as I move my units, but I've mis-moved units over and over when all I intended to do was check unit information and then click off the unit. :(

Well, that's a pretty short list. Congradulations on a great game Vic.
jamespcrowley

RE: Suggestions for next update

Post by jamespcrowley »

ORIGINAL: GatoMacho

There's no way to undo a move. I understand this is by-design and I'm thinking with my WitE hat on, but this is driving me crazy. I know. I know I should be more careful and thoughtful as I move my units, but I've mis-moved units over and over when all I intended to do was check unit information and then click off the unit. :(

+1 to that, with spades!
Cheers

Jim
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

Yeah I have moved lots of units in error by forgetting I was in Move mode and then clicking on an adjacent unit by mistake.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

...I would not mind seeing an "undo last move" button either...for games against the AI only of course.
Kind Regards,

Harry
TJD

Post by TJD »

I vote for an Undo option as well. This is an unfamiliar interface for me as I've not played WtP and I have made a lot of inadvertent moves. Very frustrating.
Whitemanematrix

Post by Whitemanematrix »

An undo button would be nice I've made tonnes of Opps moves when trying to deselect a unit
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

+1 for Undo.

Also, change Rockets into proper artillery units with a 2 hex range and a reload capability.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

+1 for Undo.
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

Please add undo button.
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

Any way to make the details of an air unit available from the List by a R-click? It is sometimes hard to choose the best type of air unit for the particular mission just by seeing the designation without having the detailed stats available.

Undo move would also be nice.

How about an option to choose the actual NATO symbol for the unit type within the Division. At high resolutions the "A" symbol is sometimes hard to read. I know it can be modded but would be nice to have a quick way to change back and forth. Any way to add that to the view button for units or with a hot-key?

Would also be nice if the Rocket Artillery were treated like tube Artillery units. Not sure I like the current system but it may grow on me with more play.

Other than that the system seems very intuitive and polished imo.[&o]
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
radic202

Post by radic202 »

+1 undo as well!
It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Templer_12

Is this here the right place?

Post by Templer_12 »

Is the tech support area here really the right place for a suggestions thread? [&:]
Redmarkus5

RE: Is this here the right place?

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Maybe the Moderator should move it
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Suggestion.

Add an options group in the Scenario start window so that players can choose:

1. Randomize unit strengths ALL.
2. Randomize non-tank units only.
3. No Randomized units.

That will allow modders to offer 'historical' unit compositions and will extend the fan base, I think.
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi all,

First of all: I moved the thread to the general forum.
Second: Thanks for all your feedback.

Undo is something people have been requesting since Advanced Tactics... However it is very difficult to implement for me if i want to avoid big waiting times. I take note of his much supported request however and will take a fresh look at the problem, maybe a more limited implementation is possible. Defenitely no promises though on this issue.

I take not of the other requests as well. The NATO issue has of course been coming up in other thread of its own as well. Basically i want to leave this issue to modders. Its quite easy to change. But i do not want to personally support a huge number of slightly different scenarios.

@redmarkus,
Modders can already do this without me adding this options. Also the options themselves in the scenario setup window can be changed by modders or scenariodesigners.

Best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

The counters are nice. (Most of them)
The NATO symbols raising atmosphere and immersion.

However, if we want to see the strength numbers on the counters at maximum zoom, we have the ugly, childish, completely inappropriate Silhouette counters.

This is inappropriate!

Attachments
DCCB Sym.jpg
DCCB Sym.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

So at maximum zoom they change to Silhouettes? This is different from the earlier game WtP!!
Tony
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

Hi Vic

What about this.
ORIGINAL: redmarkus4
change Rockets into proper artillery units with a 2 hex range and a reload capability.

Can this be change?
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

- Pioneers ​​should have better hard attack values.
- SS fighting values ​​too low.
- Music Volume Control (I like the music. Don't want to miss it, but the music is, in comparison to the sound effects, too loud).
- When I click on the information bar thru my units, the appropriate units on the map should also jump in front of the stack.
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

ORIGINAL: Templer

- Music Volume Control (I like the music. Don't want to miss it, but the music is, in comparison to the sound effects, too loud).

Yeah, I thought this too. The music is louder than music outside of the game, so I'm always turning the volume way down and then it's too low for everything else. I thought it was me...

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”