Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bugged Info box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Bugged Info box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bugged Info box - 7/19/2012 5:32:38 AM   
krupp_88mm

For me this box at the bottom is not erasing the old info when i scroll over anew unit its just adding more and more to the point where i cant tell what is what anymore. Don't really know how to describe it but i took a screen shot so you can see.

forgot specs

Win 7
5760 x 1200 3 screens
7970 AMD video card on 3x mini display port
I7 920 intel
SSD
6gb ram

I just followed default installation pathway and default installation options, i have not restarted the computer after installation.

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 7/19/2012 5:47:02 AM >

Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k
Post #: 1
RE: Bugged Info box - 7/19/2012 7:49:49 AM   
LiquidSky

The amd hd7970 seems to be in the middle of driver problems which they havent sorted out yet. I too have one, and finally gave up trying to sort them out, and removed my second monitor, which cleared up all my issues. Do a google search on hd7970 problems and you will see no end of grief. I am hoping that sooner or later AMD will come out with drivers that work.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 2
RE: Bugged Info box - 7/19/2012 9:53:27 AM   
Vic

Do you have the same issue playing with a single monitor?
Dual or triple monitor support is not something I am officially supporting.
Does it help if you upgrade your driver software to the latest version?

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
RE: Bugged Info box - 7/20/2012 12:52:23 AM   
krupp_88mm

Thanks for your response.

I attempted restarting, forcing admin mode, fiddling with the options, updating the game, updating graphics drivers. I also tried to force the game to run in windows mode however i was unable to do so.

Disabling eyefinity mode did resolve the issue. However its less than satisfactory solution imo as i would like to at least play in windowed mode so i can use two screens, or play without disabling settings.

It would appear that the background in the bottom right of the game (lower taskbar) is not refreshing. It appears this may be resolution issue, as it appears to occur at around 2560 pixels out from the left side leading me to assume it wasn't designed for res larger than 2560 x 1600?

here is a picture to illustrate what happens when i alt tab to desktop, you will observe in the bottom right and bottom center have preserved the blue desktop background.

It almost seems, that if that graphical art panel in the lower left was wider... that the issue would be fixed...

I wonder if there is a setting somewhere i can alter to get this to run windowed?

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 7/20/2012 2:11:32 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Bugged Info box - 7/20/2012 1:45:32 AM   
krupp_88mm

Indeed I was correct on this. the "BotBar" as it was refereed to in the files was 2600 pixels wide. It was too short. To make a stop gap i just duplicated its length. And problem is solved completely. As you can see here.

I have provided a temp patch for any eyefinity users, or anyone with screens wider than 2600 pixels. Just drag this into your main decisive campaigns folder\graphics\systemgraphics\cat1 ...and overwrite the old botbar, and you are done.

if you are worried about an error please rename the old botbar.png, to botbarbackup.png so you can name it back to botbar if anything goes wrong.. (itshoudnt)

http://www.filedropper.com/botbar

http://www.filedropper.com/botbar

< Message edited by krupp_88mm -- 7/20/2012 2:11:22 AM >

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Bugged Info box - 7/20/2012 6:58:22 AM   
Vic

Thats interesting. I will look into the larger then 2600 pixels resolution issue. I did not test so high to be honest.

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 6
RE: Bugged Info box - 7/20/2012 7:16:35 AM   
Vic

I think i might have found something. Next version will attempt to fix your issue.

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Bugged Info box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI