Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2nd Kharkov OOB

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> 2nd Kharkov OOB Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2nd Kharkov OOB - 7/19/2012 4:38:38 AM   
balto

I am looking at the OOB for Soviets in the 2nd Kharkov.

There are a LOT of things that are not making sense to me and actually seem to be in error.

For example, if you look at how the Armies are organized in the Unit Details window, some have just the army under them (which does not make sense to me), others have the army unit and a bunch of other units. I am not sure I am explaining that well, but if you check it out, you will see.

Another example is of missing units in the OOB. For example, if you are in the OOB for Rifle Divisons go to the 317th Rifle. In the OOB it has one Regiment, but it says it has 4800 men. When you go to the map, correctly you see the 3 regiments and the 4800 men.

If I am missing something, let me know.
Post #: 1
RE: 2nd Kharkov OOB - 7/19/2012 10:31:18 AM   
Vic

Hi Balto,

I am sorry but i dont understand your first question. Do you mean the OOB window instead of the unit details window? I cannot follow.

As for the 2nd issue. The 317th has 3 regiments (stacked on top of eachother) in the OOB tabsheet as well as on the map.

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 2
RE: 2nd Kharkov OOB - 7/19/2012 11:09:32 AM   
balto

Hi Vic,

My message was worded poorly. I now understand how the OOB works. You have to use the MAP with the OOB tab to grasp what the OOB actually is, which is fine. I was reading the OOB as a stand-alone tab.

For example, in the 2nd Kharkov, let us go back to the OOB and click on 57A/317th Rifle. The Unit Selection Box shows only the 1st regiment of the 317th Division which is in Hex 16,21. You have to go to the map and search for the other 2 regiments to see what makes up the 317th Rifle. I now understand that your OOB only identifies what is in the HEX of the FIRST Regiment of the unit that you click in the OOB.

That is fine. So in other words, you need to use the OOB tab in conjunction with the map if you want to see the real OOB.

I think on a large map with lots of units that are possibly spread out, this might not work so well, but that is okay.

I assumed that when you were in the OOB tab, it would show you the entire OOB of a unit. For example, when you click on the OOB for the 317th, the Unit Selection would show all three regiments. And when you click each of the three regiments in the Unit Selection box, the entire Information Bar Unit would show the composition and condition of each of the regiments and THEN it would identify where on the map the units are. In other words, I thought then when you were using the OOB tab, the Information Bar transformed from its Map orientation to an OOB orientated tool.

Feel free to disregard this message. I am good with how things work.

< Message edited by balto -- 7/19/2012 11:23:57 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: 2nd Kharkov OOB - 7/19/2012 2:30:08 PM   
DBeves

quote:

ORIGINAL: balto

Hi Vic,

My message was worded poorly. I now understand how the OOB works. You have to use the MAP with the OOB tab to grasp what the OOB actually is, which is fine. I was reading the OOB as a stand-alone tab.

For example, in the 2nd Kharkov, let us go back to the OOB and click on 57A/317th Rifle. The Unit Selection Box shows only the 1st regiment of the 317th Division which is in Hex 16,21. You have to go to the map and search for the other 2 regiments to see what makes up the 317th Rifle. I now understand that your OOB only identifies what is in the HEX of the FIRST Regiment of the unit that you click in the OOB.

That is fine. So in other words, you need to use the OOB tab in conjunction with the map if you want to see the real OOB.

I think on a large map with lots of units that are possibly spread out, this might not work so well, but that is okay.

I assumed that when you were in the OOB tab, it would show you the entire OOB of a unit. For example, when you click on the OOB for the 317th, the Unit Selection would show all three regiments. And when you click each of the three regiments in the Unit Selection box, the entire Information Bar Unit would show the composition and condition of each of the regiments and THEN it would identify where on the map the units are. In other words, I thought then when you were using the OOB tab, the Information Bar transformed from its Map orientation to an OOB orientated tool.

Feel free to disregard this message. I am good with how things work.

Yes that is correct - was the same in the first game -although would be nice if it worked as you suggest and expanded the divisional components as well so you could find them all from the oob screen. I guess the rationale for it not doing so is the presumption the units are basically close together to take advantage of the divisional integrity bonuses.

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> 2nd Kharkov OOB Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI