Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Random Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Question - 7/19/2012 1:50:06 AM   
rich12545

Maybe I'm getting this wrong, I don't know. But it seems to me that when setting up a random battle, I can't pick a map to play on. I have to pick a template? So how do these work in the game? What's the difference between a template and a map?
Post #: 1
RE: Random Question - 7/19/2012 2:01:53 AM   
junk2drive

For a map to work in the random programs, it must have a template made for it that has locations that units can be placed on that map. The templates are not automatically made during the map making process.

So yes, picking a template is the same as picking a map, but your troops should show up in logical places. Hopefully

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Question - 7/19/2012 5:00:05 AM   
rich12545

Heh. Hopefully. Well, there are 59 templates so, for me, I think the best way is to setup everything and then pick a random template.

Right now I'm still playing the tutorial scenario and getting wiped out.

Btw, I installed all the mods. Didn't fool with that program. Just backed up the files and overwrote them. I didn't notice a difference with your hud icons mod. What's it supposed to do?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Random Question - 7/19/2012 5:09:27 AM   
junk2drive

They go in the Buttons folder inside the Media folder just to make sure you got them in the right place.

Screenshot in this thread

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1236977

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 4
RE: Random Question - 7/19/2012 5:35:50 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545

Heh. Hopefully. Well, there are 59 templates so, for me, I think the best way is to setup everything and then pick a random template.

Right now I'm still playing the tutorial scenario and getting wiped out.

I think there may still be a few maps that for one reason or another do not have templates. You can also have more than one template for a map if you wanted to create a limited but still random setup, or if you thought that some of the setup locations were not very good. You wold just need to map a unique name for the template.

Also, you can select the template in the Random Battle generator, the Template you select will affect what dates are available (ie either winter or summer dates).

For the Tutorial Battle, have you tried following the tututorial narative?

One thing you will want to do is take out the AT guns as soon as you can. They can really really cause you some grief. Then close on the farmstead. Also make sure you get your HT's and Infantry into the woods cover and out of LOS of the enemy to avoid getting slammed with mortars.

Thanks
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 7/19/2012 5:40:12 PM >

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 5
RE: Random Question - 7/20/2012 12:38:47 AM   
rich12545

Junk, I can see what changed and why I didn't notice anything.

Rick, I tried following the narrative but my battle didn't go the way it went. I'm continuing and will try different tactics like using one tank to scout and then using artillery to at least suppress the AT guns.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Random Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI