Air combat question

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

elmo3

Air combat question

Post by elmo3 »

Playing the 1st Pz Army campaign. When I order an air attack and click "All" the game always adds the 1st Pz Army HQ into the attack. I always click to remove it. So my question is, does adding the HQ do anything for the air attack?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester
Mark Hemns

RE: Air combat question

Post by Mark Hemns »

In my experience, the HQ usually does not appear.

When it does appear it is probably because :
1) The HQ has received some aircraft replacements at the end of the last turn that it has not yet passed onto the squadrons under its command (iirc it takes a turn for this to happen). If the squadrons are at full strength, I think the aircraft sit at the HQ level until they are needed.
2) The HQ has received some aircraft replacements that it cannot pass onto the squadrons under its command. I've seen it receive JU transport aircraft in the 1st Panzer Army campaign.

Click on the 1st Pz Army HQ and then the unit troops TAB in the UI and you will probably find some aircraft there.
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

There are some Heinkels and Junkers in the HQ so that must be it. They show a -10% modifier in the lower left corner of the unit display. Not sure what that is but I'll check the manual. So will those aircraft fly as part of a bombing mission if I leave the HQ in on the attack?
We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Elmo3,

Yes you can leave the HQ in. You should picture it not as the HQ thats attacking but just any aircraft under its direct command on the runway in its hex.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
elmo3

Post by elmo3 »

OK, thanks.

WitE alpha/beta tester

Return to “Tech Support”