Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Canadian Dollars no Good here?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Canadian Dollars no Good here? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 2:03:34 AM   
radic202

I just tried to purchase DC: Case Blue plus the last Panzer Corps expansion (45 East) and when I tried to use my Amex Card I got a message back from your Payment Center that went something "sorry we are unable to use your card with that currency, sorry for the inconvenience" and would not let me go any further. Funny I have used it here many times without a hitch.

So headed over the Sliterine (where the DC: Case Blue game was actually $0.70 cheaper (wow, lol) and use the EXACT SAME METHOD PAYMENT that I was using here and it went through no problem.

Just thought that I would let you know that Plimus is being picky with the Canadian Dollar and makes me purchase my game elsewhere which is not a problem as I always divide my purchases between Matrix and Slitherine anyways.

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Post #: 1
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 2:09:51 AM   
TJD

quote:

ORIGINAL: radic202

I just tried to purchase DC: Case Blue plus the last Panzer Corps expansion (45 East) and when I tried to use my Amex Card I got a message back from your Payment Center that went something "sorry we are unable to use your card with that currency, sorry for the inconvenience" and would not let me go any further. Funny I have used it here many times without a hitch.

So headed over the Sliterine (where the DC: Case Blue game was actually $0.70 cheaper (wow, lol) and use the EXACT SAME METHOD PAYMENT that I was using here and it went through no problem.

Just thought that I would let you know that Plimus is being picky with the Canadian Dollar and makes me purchase my game elsewhere which is not a problem as I always divide my purchases between Matrix and Slitherine anyways.

I had exactly the same problem using AMEX and CAD with another game last week and was so annoyed that I opened a ticket at the help desk. It's not the first time it's happened. And I usually buy at Slitherine too :)

Tim

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 2
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 2:18:23 AM   
radic202

Thanks that was the first time for me ever either at this site or the other. At least Sliterine or Plimus worked there instead of here and for now that is all I care but if the game was not available at Sliterine? I would not have been a "happy camper"?? LOL!

(in reply to TJD)
Post #: 3
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 3:39:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

That's very odd, as Slitherine and we use the same Plimus store. Could you please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with as much information as you can provide on your payment method and order info and I'll investigate this. We certainly do support the Canadian Dollar and many other currencies as well.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 7/18/2012 3:40:56 AM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 4
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 3:45:43 AM   
LiquidSky

I had no trouble using plimus and my (canadian) mastercard.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 4:23:32 AM   
radic202

Well, it appears to be ONLY with the Amex Card as per another post in this Thread.

And Erik Rutins (Administrator):

I will email you in the morrow but it is basically what I posted here.

I have the game and the purchase went through on the Sliterine site, so I am all good but nevertheless, it may be something you will want to look into further.

Cheers!

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 6
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 11:30:36 AM   
GFelz

I used Paypal tied to an Amex set in CDN currency. All went well.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 7
RE: Canadian Dollars no Good here? - 7/18/2012 12:38:37 PM   
TJD

I dealt with my Plimus problems via a Help Desk ticket. Deets:

Your Issue ID is: 10665
Your Issue Title is : Plimus Issues
Your Issue Category is Order or Store Issue
Your Issue Updated 9 JUL 2012 09:45

I went ahead and closed the issue; my point was really just to notify Matrix of this remarkably persistent problem.

Tim

(in reply to GFelz)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Canadian Dollars no Good here? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI