Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
replacements - 7/17/2012 8:35:04 PM   
DBeves

Is there some kind of maximum strength for a unit - ie is there a pint where it stops requesting replacements cause it has reached maximum strength. I presume there is as the manual references an ideal oob. So a couple of questions follow from that ..

What happens to excess replacements - do they lodge with the stavka or OKH HQ ?
How are the priorites for delivery assigned - ie if everything is set to 100% does it just do a round robin of all units requiring infantry for example.
Do replacements affect the stats of a unit they are assigned to ...experience etc
Also - it says in the manual that setting a level for an HQ sets the default for units below - however I set one HQ to disband 0% - but though its subordinates show disband the number next to it is still 100% ?

< Message edited by DBeves -- 7/17/2012 9:05:14 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: replacements - 7/18/2012 8:58:27 AM   
Vic

Hi DBeves,

Good question. Actually there is a small gap in the manual here. Here follow the most important rules for replacements:

* Excess replacements lodge in the highest HQ
* Units with the lowest integrity score (those that have the lowest number of troops compared to their ideal model) get served first. But units with the 'PRIORITY' replacement setting always come first.
* Replacements that flow back (through 'DISBAND' setting) suffer an experience drop.
* Replacements that flow in usually affect average experience since the replacements are usually more 'green'
* In the Replacement setting box the number to the left is the applied setting and the number to the right the units own setting (which can be overruled by its HQ).

This is not the easiest rules in the the game. Good thing is you do not have to understand all these rules to get replacements in :) Just leaving everything on 100% and sometimes using Priority setting should serve fine for most players.

Best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 7/18/2012 9:02:02 AM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 2
RE: replacements - 7/18/2012 9:23:28 AM   
sanderz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

* Units with the lowest integrity score (those that have the lowest number of troops compared to their ideal model) get served first. But units with the 'PRIORITY' replacement setting always come first.

hi
just done a quick search of the manual and no mention of 'priority'

how do you apply this setting to units?

also, do things like nearness of HQ (or other factors affect) the amount of replacements received?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: replacements - 7/18/2012 9:30:36 AM   
Vic

@sanderz,

the unit has to be in supply range in order to receive supplies.

you set priority by scrolling through the possible replacement settings by clicking on it (there were it initially says '100%')

hope this helps.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI