An Eastern Front game?

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
blazej

An Eastern Front game?

Post by blazej »

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an Eastern Front CC game in planning, one with a campaign mode just like all the recent CC releases. I would love to play an Eastern Front CC game :)

Best,
Michal
heckler

RE: An Eastern Front game?

Post by heckler »

ORIGINAL: blazej

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an Eastern Front CC game in planning, one with a campaign mode just like all the recent CC releases. I would love to play an Eastern Front CC game :)

Best,
Michal

Enthusiastically seconded!

Ideally from 1944, styled as a grand meeting engagement, with 'equal' airpower and strength for both sides...if I were to totally get my way ;)
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

It would be nice to have new game in Africa or the Eastern front for a change from WAR/TLD and LSA....

For the old CC5 there are a number of mods but none have been converted to the newer Matrix CC versions. Having said that there are a couple converted mods available for TLD;
- Bloody Omaha
- Meuse 1940

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

We usually consider a lot of different historical settings when we're discussing possible new projects, so you never know.  I would love to do an Eastern front / Great Patriotic War game.  There is a lot of history there that is (in western wargames anyway) largely uncovered.

tigercub

Post by tigercub »

To me a very long time player of CC do not understand why the new CC was not set on the russian front.

many polls on close combat sites have been crying out for russian front Grand campaign for years.

this was even before matrix got into making the remakes

i may aswell fart in the wind ...[8|]
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
MAD JACK 109

Post by MAD JACK 109 »

I for one like the Normandy setting, but would have prefered it based apon the British breakout Operation Bluecoat.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

mad jack go play GJS CCv mod its much better than any of the remakes made by Matrixgames

http://www.closecombatseries.net
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

The new GJS mod based on LSA ...and a new TRSM/GJS mod based on TLD...both of these(out soon) will be a much better game to play than panthers in the fog when it comes out, (it will have poor historical data just like all the remakes) after its been modded and been around for a wile 12 months or so it will be worth picking up.

i love Normany based battles but the russian front is a better battle field for me.

Tiger

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”