Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Timeline?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Timeline? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Timeline? - 7/17/2012 2:04:29 AM   
wodin

Dave,

Couple of questions to ask...

Is there a rough timeline your working towards with Bil's game and the east front game? If so are we looking sometime this year (Xmas maybe) or next year?

If anything has moved on\progessed since two months ago would be cool to know..rough update on progress of all the projects...keeps the forum excitement level up;)

Thanks in advance

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Timeline? - 7/17/2012 2:46:57 AM   
Arjuna

wodin,

Don't you know that too much excitement is bad for your blood pressure.

Bil and Warren are working on LOTB and Pavel et al are working on the East Front game. But their focus is on research and data content. The bottle neck at the moment is with the new code required to implement the features we need, such as Soviet doctrine and mounted ops. That falls to me and I'm on a defence contract at the moment so I can put food on the table. I like to eat. I should finish this contract at the end of the month and then I can get back to some game coding.

On the positive side, Paul is back from Europe and so now he can get cracking on a number of UI issues that we want to do as well.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Timeline? - 7/17/2012 6:57:41 PM   
captskillet

What about the COTA conversions?

"Git thar fust with the most men" - Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Timeline? - 7/18/2012 12:14:34 AM   
Arjuna

Re COTA Ex Pack. The conversion itself is done. Richard is making mods and fine tuning the scenario data. But we have a couple of issues with the latest build in that the debug version of the game app no longer runs on XP systems. So we are having trouble testing these scenarios on some of our autotesters. I believe this is due to a recent change by Microsoft to the Visual Studio development environment we use and in particular to the dependencies we need to run the debug app. Paul is looking into this issue as a priority. We also have a memory leak that Paul is looking into too. We really cannot release a patch until we solve these two issues. We need the game patched so third party data content can be converted when users open it to play. Hence why we have not released it yet. I'll advise once we have these issued solved.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to captskillet)
Post #: 4
RE: Timeline? - 7/18/2012 12:47:05 PM   
Txema

Please, Arjuna, we need the patch soon.

We want to play during the summer vacations without the Halting... Halting... Halting... issues.

Are you planning to release the patch for August?

Txema

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 5
RE: Timeline? - 7/18/2012 1:10:38 PM   
wodin

Excellent news Dave. Thanks for the update. I'm falling apart physically anyway so high blood pressure will just be another to add to the long list;).

Good to hear you've got a defense contract going aswell. I always worry about Panther and I know these contracts keep you ticking along.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Txema)
Post #: 6
RE: Timeline? - 7/18/2012 1:43:26 PM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Txema

Please, Arjuna, we need the patch soon.

We want to play during the summer vacations without the Halting... Halting... Halting... issues.

Are you planning to release the patch for August?

I think so, but it will depend on solving these issues. A lot of people still use XP and the memory leak slows the game down to a crawl after about two days of game time in the bigger scenarios. So they are not trivial issues.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Txema)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Timeline? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI