Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

43rd Construction Bn name issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> 43rd Construction Bn name issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/12/2012 4:36:39 PM   
el cid again

Reported by Mifune, I confirm

There are two "43rd Construction Co" units in the Japanese OOB - locations 3931 and 4004. This error is from stock, two different locations though. Looking back through our WitP days we did have a 43rd Ind Const Bn at Phnom Pehn. This would be our location slot 3931, I just changed the ToE pointer to reflect that being a Bn rather than a Co.
Post #: 1
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/14/2012 8:55:27 AM   
inqistor

I see that they are at different places, and have different commanders.

Since comparison with Invasion Plans on Niehorster site, shows shortage of few Japanese Construction Companies, it could be one of them.

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 2
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/14/2012 5:51:07 PM   
US87891

Been reported many times before. The last time was LargeSlowTarget reporting it in DaBabes Errata back in February. Its fixed in Babes. Don't know about stock but if it bothers you you can always edit it.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 3
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/14/2012 6:35:45 PM   
Mifune

Not that this matters to me. I just downloaded scenario# 28. It shows the same as stock. I have already edited it before your reply, but thanks nonetheless.

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 4
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/14/2012 7:41:38 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mifune

Not that this matters to me. I just downloaded scenario# 28. It shows the same as stock. I have already edited it before your reply, but thanks nonetheless.

Ah, as you say it doesn't matter. A lot of little things accumulate and it is not worth messing with games-in-progress with a bunch of dinky one-a-day updates, especially when they have no game impact whatever.

There are a lot bigger things coming for a BigBabes update. When that comes, the little, inconsequential, things get incorporated too.

Matt

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 5
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/14/2012 8:26:03 PM   
Mifune

You always mentioning Babes, this posting is just a generic posting. No mods mentioned by name. Since the babes mod is of little interest to me. I am not sure why mentioning that was so important? 3 months is a long time. RHS is doing quite well, also coming out with some big things. I see that you are a fan of Rounders too.

Perennial Remedial Student of the Mike Solli School of Economics. One day I might graduate.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 6
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/15/2012 5:33:35 PM   
US87891

quote:

You always mentioning Babes, this posting is just a generic posting. No mods mentioned by name. Since the babes mod is of little interest to me. I am not sure why mentioning that was so important? 3 months is a long time. RHS is doing quite well, also coming out with some big things. I see that you are a fan of Rounders too.

Hi Mifune.

Since this is a mod forum it's silly for me to talk about stock. As the man says, Babes was done by many of the original designers and it's where lots of features get tested that find their way into stock sooner or later. they built in special code tricks and they built in special editor tricks, and most of what they did was ported to stock because the math was shaped to elegantly capture the code algorithm. And just about everybody else uses Babes as a reference. So if I want to know what's going down in today's market, there is really no other place to look. And that is why mentioning Babes is important.

Yeah, I like Rounders. You a Rounders fan, too?

Matt

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 7
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/15/2012 6:00:49 PM   
Mifune

I appreciate the math, but here is where we differ. The results were too ahistorical, unlike others I have no wish to pour gas on a fire. So here is where I say politely thank you and have a nice day.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 8
RE: 43rd Construction Bn name issue - 7/15/2012 6:28:51 PM   
US87891

quote:

I appreciate the math, but here is where we differ. The results were too ahistorical, unlike others I have no wish to pour gas on a fire. So here is where I say politely thank you and have a nice day.

You too Mifune. Have a great day

(in reply to Mifune)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> 43rd Construction Bn name issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI