Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) - 9/18/2012 10:06:14 AM   
janh

Indeed, you seem to be doing very fine. No major disasters, no dozen divisions lost in pockets to SHC yet. I was a bit worried about your Panzerkorps on the Crimea; had idahonyer expected your incursion, and placed some cavalry there, your Panzers might have gotten in trouble.

How are your ToE% doing, how many frostbites and casualties do you loose each turn? How is the morale of the exposed divisions changing?

(in reply to Scar23)
Post #: 91
RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) - 9/27/2012 6:08:21 AM   
Scar23

And the Germans have surrendered. There was a coup or some such and the Russians are now running things in Berlin.

I really enjoyed the game, however short, but my inexperiance playing German really cost me.

Just to catch everyone up, all was going well with the blizzard, I was being pushed steadily back, but no real disasters, then all of a sudden a small breach, and then the next turn it was a major breach in three areas. My opponent and I thought it seemed over and pointless to continue.

If anyone has any other pointers, always glad to hear them, and I will now prepare to go at it again, but as the Russian commander.

Scar

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 92
RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) - 9/27/2012 6:16:24 PM   
Klydon

Tough to play the Germans the first time around as there is an experience curve that has to be met, but at least you have an idea from the German side of the hill now, which is a good thing.

From the start of the campaign, the German must always have an eye on where his winter lines are going to be. Such lines should be kept as short as possible. Pushing into the Crimea late in the summer campaign is usually not a good idea. More than the Russians, the Germans must be able to plan out how things are going to go several turns in advance. Playing the Germans can be stressful and fun or not fun (depends on how much you like pain. ;) ) and it can also be rewarding as well.

Good luck in your next game.

(in reply to Scar23)
Post #: 93
RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) - 9/27/2012 7:45:16 PM   
janh

Too bad, I enjoyed the match as well. It seemed like you had things well under control in your last posts, no more ZOC locked division and such. How did it happen? In the area where you used Panzer to bail out those ID?

(in reply to Scar23)
Post #: 94
RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) - 10/2/2012 7:40:26 PM   
Scar23

Hi Klydon and Janh,

Yeah there is a steep learning curve it seems for the Gemans. I played the computer a couple times to mid 42, but it was clearly not even close to the same experiance. But, we are going to give it a go with me as Soviet, and after completing a whole campaign earlier as Russian, I feel a little better.

As for what happened, as things did feel like they were going ok. I was getting steadily pushed back, but in areas that I thought were safe. I got chased out of my lvl 3 forts, due to units slipping between my units, and then when the damn broke, it was like a wave. I got a whole army isolated in one spot, then two panzer units in another, and my other units were showing unready, it was a disaster....

Scar

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 95
RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) - 10/2/2012 9:25:38 PM   
Scook_99

The 1st 17 turns of offense followed by the 12 turns of Blizzard will affect the outcome of most games. You have to handle those 31 turns as German with aplomb or experience what you have. Even go with non-random weather until you can threaten the existence of the Soviet Union. Once you get the game down till March of 1942, then you can have a game of it.

(in reply to Scar23)
Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Scar attacks the Soviet Union (Scar v IdahoNYer) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI