Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WITE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> WITE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WITE - 7/11/2012 9:57:16 PM   
HITMAN202

Is the attrition for Axis units y>94 during the first blizzard so extreme that you would keep their TOE less than maximum as you would their buddies north of the line ??? ???

WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
Post #: 1
RE: WITE - 7/11/2012 11:18:25 PM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: HITMAN202

Is the attrition for Axis units y>94 during the first blizzard so extreme that you would keep their TOE less than maximum as you would their buddies north of the line ??? ???

Hi,

I generally pull out all 90+ morale infanrty and a few +85. basicly 9 divisions min. More if I think the Red O will be weak based on the person I am playing and how bad I beat them up. I set all front line toe at 80%,rserve units to 100%. Put all mech units in towns and try to keep them there as long as possible. Also if you were able to put ALL the units that are pulled back from the front in static mode. This will make sure you have more then enough trucks to transport supplies ect to front. Pull all your planes back other then fighters, again saving trucks ect. This saving in trucks will more then make up for a few dozen Hq build ups from the 41 summer.

I generally turn refit off to all front line units for the first 4 turns of blizzard. If the Red O is gimped I keep it off until Febuary. Pull back 2 hexes per turn. You should have built a mid january stop(fort) line also 10 hexes behind front.

This will save you allot of arm pts and allot of trucks. Your units will be smaller requiring less trucks. This will have a big pay-off the coming summer.

If your able to do these things your snow O will hit them very hard even with the new nerfed snow rules.

< Message edited by Pelton -- 7/11/2012 11:21:26 PM >

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 2
RE: WITE - 7/12/2012 2:38:16 PM   
HITMAN202

I'm surprised that Axis units in supply are not as vulnerable as I had believed they would be in the blizzard. Also I am surprised how far Axis supply lines are. I thought they would be as short as the leash you would have on a teenager with a credit card.

< Message edited by HITMAN202 -- 7/12/2012 3:26:35 PM >

WITE is a good addiction with no cure.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 3
RE: WITE - 7/13/2012 4:40:18 PM   
Scook_99

The first version of the game the Germans are a lot more vulnerable to blizzard, so much so, the effect has changed quite a bit. As for supply, you will never achieve what you might read about, the level of supply is much higher than what history indicates. Again, it is a trade-off for playability.

Of course, historically, how many German formations surrendered during the blizzard offensive? None. Actually, the Axis still took prisoners during this time. Is this system perfect? Far from it, but it's closer to what should happen (breaking the Landers from being such a threat) that any other point in time. What they are doing in WitW with limitations on rail lines should go a long way to rectifying the supply lines. I hope they keep most of what they have, and bring over a new logistic system for WitE 2.0.

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> WITE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI