Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to make a new scenario from a turn dump?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? - 7/10/2012 5:56:20 PM   
governato

Is there an easy way to run an existing scenario to a certain turn (say hotseat or AI vs AI) and dump the scenario state (settings,replacement rates, events activated, OOB with arrived and planned reinforcements, etc) and using it as a starting point for a new scenario?
Then one'd have to deploy units and adjust TOEs, but it'd save a lot of time and errors.
Post #: 1
RE: How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? - 7/11/2012 8:15:17 AM   
sPzAbt653

You can change the turn saved file from .sal to .sce, then it can be opened in the editor as a scenario. This will change all the turn references, treating your saved turn as a turn 1, so you would have to go thru and at least check the events.

I've only tried this once and I seem to remember there was something wrong with it, like maybe it 0'd the replacement rates or something.

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 2
RE: How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? - 7/11/2012 10:01:46 PM   
governato

I tried, but unfortunately it does not 'update' the internal clock for the events and reinforcements as I was hoping. For example, if I stop and restart at say turn 10, an event schedule originally to happen at turn 15 will still happen at turn 15 of the new scenario. So, bummer. But thanks for the help!

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> How to make a new scenario from a turn dump? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI