Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help! ffshow error!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Help! ffshow error! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help! ffshow error! - 7/10/2012 5:18:23 PM   
duckoid

Help! i just downloaded the game and played one map. after the second map upon victory, an error was encountered and the game exited. when i tried to enter the game again through battlehq, i get a black window with the the title "ffdshow compatibility manager (closing in 25 seconds)". nothing happens after that, the window does not close and the game does not start and i need to force close. please help!

i also checked all the drivers and i have the newest codecs and video card drivers. running on win7! would appreciate a solution!
Post #: 1
RE: Help! ffshow error! - 7/10/2012 8:23:23 PM   
Steve McClaire

This message is not coming from the game.  ffdshow appears to be a third-party (i.e. it is not part of the game) media center application, and it looks like it is intercepting Close Combat's attempt to play a movie file and blocking it.

Here is information about ffdshow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ffdshow

A brief glance seems to indicate that you need to add the game EXE to Ffdshow's 'whitelist' so that it won't prompt you anymore.  You'll need to find documentation on Ffdshow for information on how to do this.

Steve

(in reply to duckoid)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Help! ffshow error! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI