Problem loading Saved Game File

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Q-Ball

Problem loading Saved Game File

Post by Q-Ball »

I am trying to start a PBEM vs. Greyjoy. We are both using the latest Beta, version ending in 1108r9, dated 1/21/2012

Greyjoy is starting the game as Japanese. When he send file to me, I receive an immediate "Saved Game Failed to Load!" error message. Greyjoy is able to load it normally on his end.

As a test, I sent him a test game as Japan; Greyjoy was able to open that file normally as Allies

GJ sent from a different account, and I saved to a different slot. Failure each time.

GJ sent a test file, to see if his original was corrupted; that one failed

So, it seems to work if I start the game, but I cannot read files that GJ starts

Myself or Greyjoy can send the file, please PM both and we'll forward it
Crackaces

RE: Problem loading Saved Game File

Post by Crackaces »

There is another thread here similar to this .. the player deleted an old scenario #1 replay file .. after that things worked according to the thread ..
"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Yes, it's very very strange...
After i end the 1st turn as player one, the file gets saved. Then i try to load it as player two and it works perfectly (it asks me the player 2 password and the game loads perfectly).
The test save sent me by Q-Ball works perfectly too. No differences in patches or other versions signaled...

A mistery to me[&:]
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

There is another thread here similar to this .. the player deleted an old scenario #1 replay file .. after that things worked according to the thread ..

saw that and tried that....no dice
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Q-ball are you still using the pwsdll file, you would have loaded for our DBB game. If you are, you will have to load the pwsdll file that came with the latest save.
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Q-ball are you still using the pwsdll file, you would have loaded for our DBB game. If you are, you will have to load the pwsdll file that came with the latest save.

So i have to send him my pwsdll file? Ok, i'll try it
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

So i have to send him my pwsdll file? Ok, i'll try it

Wait...i think i misunderstood.... Q-Ball already has the right pwsdll file...the one for DBB with extended map.... if not, i would not have read his test save file.....right?

Oh, God, i hate computers[:o]
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Yes you're right, and if you have different pwsdll files, you should get a message telling you that.

I think then maybe you could have a corrupted save file, watch you could test by trying another test save.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Yes you're right, and if you have different pwsdll files, you should get a message telling you that.

I think then maybe you could have a corrupted save file, watch you could test by trying another test save.

We've tried a lot of different saves.... everything that is sent by me it doesn't work for him[&:]
Now we're trying using a save file sent to me by NY59 for the lessons he gave me last week...if Brad is able to read it, then the problem is related with me[:(]...if not, i don't know what to do
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

Have you tried a reinstall of the latest patch into your game.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Have you tried a reinstall of the latest patch into your game.

I have done it 3 weeks ago once i started those tests with NY59Giants...will try again
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

I've reinstalled beta a couple times, but did NOT install a post-1/21 patch. That might be it.

Where is that patch?
Dan Nichols

Post by Dan Nichols »

Here is the link. http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351/downloads/

You need to install the game, run the update, then put the MP exe and dll in the main directory. Load the mod scenario and required art files and you should be ready to go.
I think that the two obligations you have are to be good at what you do and then to pass on your knowledge to a younger person
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

How about one of you is running the "MP" version versus the other running the standard version?
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

How about one of you is running the "MP" version versus the other running the standard version?

I'm running the MP version and Q-Ball is running the same version...in fact i can read his saved files without any problems....it's just that he cannot read mines
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I've reinstalled beta a couple times, but did NOT install a post-1/21 patch. That might be it.

Where is that patch?

The latest beta, Brad, is the one you (and I) already have installed, dating 21 Jan 2012.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

I bet QBall is not doing the MP version correctly.

IIRC - make a shortcut to the MP exe on desktop (set parameters). Change the name of the MP dll in the beta 2 folder to pwsdll.dll.

OR

copy the MP exe and the MP dll into the main game folder (change the MP dll name) and there you go ...
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

IIRC - make a shortcut to the MP exe on desktop (set parameters). Change the name of the MP dll in the beta 2 folder to pwsdll.dll.

OR

copy the MP exe and the MP dll into the main game folder (change the MP dll name) and there you go ...

Could be....looking in the Beta2 folder, there are 2 pwsdll files. One is the standard pwsdll.dll file, the other is the MP one.

I assume, then, I have to delete or write over the original pwsdll.dll file, and use the MP one?

(EDIT: I tried exactly that, and the load still failed)
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball
ORIGINAL: n01487477

OR

Could be....looking in the Beta2 folder, there are 2 pwsdll files. One is the standard pwsdll.dll file, the other is the MP one.

I assume, then, I have to delete or write over the original pwsdll.dll file, and use the MP one?

(EDIT: I tried exactly that, and the load still failed)
And What executable are you using ? Sure it is the MP exe & not the normal one ?

Greyjoy sent me a turn to get tracker running last week and I got it working on both Tracker and in WITP...

PM sent.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

Thanks for all your efforts Damian!

Return to “Tech Support”