Matrix Games Forums

Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cap

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> cap Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cap - 7/9/2012 9:44:05 AM   
Pelton

tring to set up fronts ect.

Division is 2
Army 22
front 72
MD 36

Thats whats in game hand book

Is this current?

3 armys per front?
12 divisions per army or 6 corp

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk
Post #: 1
RE: cap - 7/9/2012 10:11:35 AM   
Walloc

Well the CP limits changes quite a bit for russian side in the beginning. So there is some what more too it than that.

There is a discussion in this thread about it.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3067454&mpage=1&key=?

In short if u ask me, tho there are different schools of thots on this, the key is. Dont attach more than 4 armies per front. Balance it out so while u can have 24 CP and later 21 until it gets down to 18 CP very early on u dont get to much if at all above the 72 Front CP cap. Or if high loading 24/21 CP armies early on that u dont until the 18 CP cap kicks in dont attach more than 3 armies per front early on.
This is from a AP cost saving point of view.

I have faith in that if u look at that thread that u can read the charts and discussion and come up with ur own informed opinion.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 7/9/2012 10:32:41 AM >

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 2
RE: cap - 7/9/2012 5:13:25 PM   
Seminole

When your units are being rudely shoved hither and yon I find myself often re-assigning div HQ to get them in effective supply range.

The straight math of 2 CP x 12 Div x 3 Armies = 1 Front assumes you're covering a relatively narrow sector with that Front to keep everyone in good supply.

I prefer to have an extra Army above that straight math determination (increasing as Army CP declines and Front CP increases).

I like to have 5 armies per Front by late '42, and eventually Front CP will be high enough you need at least this many anyway.

I find it worth the AP to re-assign divisions and unify command prior to critical attacks. The combat effectiveness penalties from separate commands is a high price when the Soviets are only marginally better than their opponents even after significant stacking for battle.

Having the 'spare' Army means you are not packing each Army at the CP limit, so as the line flexes or need arises you can re-assign units for supply considerations or attack concentrations without going over limit.

Good C&C also burns fewer trucks.

Corps cost 4 CP, so you can only put 4 of them in an Army without overloading. Very expensive to re-assign, so try to setup my corps laden armies and not switch them around like you can with divisions. My advice would be to re-assign divisions to Stavka before combining into a corps (costs 6 AP) then assign that corps where I want it. Otherwise you're gambling which of the component divisions parent Armies will take command.

Tank Army CP limit is 15.

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: cap - 7/9/2012 6:03:37 PM   
Flaviusx

I think it is best to ignore Front command limits early on and overload myself. 4-5 armies is about right. By 1943 the Front command cap catches up to this.

So far as 41-2 goes, the command burden is going to fall on your armies and STAVKA. You do not have a large number of capable front commanders anyways, most of these are getting trained up at the army level.

The alternative route here is to run around with a large number of STAVKA armies while keeping under command capacity at the Front level. That has advantages and disadvantages. But I come down in favor of keeping units in a given area under unified command, as this avoids command penalties at the tactical level, even if the Front itself is overloaded.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 4
RE: cap - 7/9/2012 11:23:13 PM   
Pelton

Great input thank you very much

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> cap Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI