Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July - 7/8/2012 12:18:47 PM   
SGT Mack

Good morning, folks.

Have decided to stop lurking on this forum after suffering a bit of a setback. In short, I've updated Panzer Command Ostfront and now can't get the durned thing to load. Regardless of how I launch (i.e.: through the launcher or double-clicking on the executable), I get a series of flashes to black and the game just dumps back to the desktop. Most distressing.

Here's what I'm going with right now:

-Game patched on 08 July 2012 (I occasionally check to see if there's an update and today there was...)
-No issues reported during the download/install phase of the patching process
-Prior to 08 July, the game worked flawlessly with no visual or compatibility adjustments
-I have tried running with compatibility set to "Windows XP" and turned off visual themes and the like

I'm running an HP Pavillion dv6700 laptop with an Intel 1.66 Core2 Duo processor, 3 gigs of RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS with 256 megs of dedicated video memory. All that stuff powers Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit) with DirectX 10, so it's a little outdated, but not horribly so.

Would very much like to get back to playing when possible, as Ostfront is a wargaming mainstay for me.

Thanks much in advance for any thoughts/advice/feedback.

Very Respectfully,

Mack
Post #: 1
RE: PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July - 7/8/2012 12:52:58 PM   
JMass

Did you set the configuration? After an update it could be changed so best to check.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3049326&mpage=1&key=�

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to SGT Mack)
Post #: 2
RE: PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July - 7/8/2012 1:09:30 PM   
SGT Mack

JMass,

Brilliant! Just loaded a test scenario to confirm, and we're back to normal. Just needed a change of screen resolution.

While I feel a bit sheepish for not thinking to try that, I'm hugely grateful for the help! Here's hoping this can be a teaching point for others with similar issues.

Very Respectfully,

Mack

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 3
RE: PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July - 7/8/2012 1:20:47 PM   
JMass

SGT Mack,

glad to have been of help!

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to SGT Mack)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> PZ CMD Failing to Load after Patch on 08 July Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI