Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mine Production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Mine Production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mine Production - 7/7/2012 5:47:54 PM   
S Lee T

Is it possible to increase/ modify the quantity of naval mine production as the Japanese player?
Post #: 1
RE: Mine Production - 7/7/2012 6:27:40 PM   
Historiker

only via editor

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to S Lee T)
Post #: 2
RE: Mine Production - 7/7/2012 9:54:05 PM   
Shark7

To further clarify:

You will have to use the editor to manually increase the production rates and then save the scenario to a different slot (I saved mine in slot 100 for example) and play it as a mod. As far as Scen 1 or 2, the amounts are more or less hardcoded (simply because you can not edit and save back to those slots).

Also, I increased all mine production by a factor of 400% (number times 4) and I can still use them faster than I can make them if I really tried.

Mines are the way they are after the original game had too many and much debate about it.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3
RE: Mine Production - 7/7/2012 11:21:05 PM   
S Lee T

Thank you for the information. My scenario #1 game is at 7 Oct 42. I don't want to modify it now.

I certainly can understand the mine controversy; to little or too many may change game play significantly.

I thought that the non-direct production items might vary according to each players usage, but sounds like the production rates are fixed.

One complicated possibility would be to "accelerate" individual production items at a higher HI cost; much like ship building.

Thank again.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: Mine Production - 7/8/2012 6:53:19 AM   
Yaab

What about AMc efficiency? I swept the starting Japanese minefield in Singapore in two days with a couple of AMc ships . Aren't they overpowered?

(in reply to S Lee T)
Post #: 5
RE: Mine Production - 7/8/2012 8:11:01 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

What about AMc efficiency? I swept the starting Japanese minefield in Singapore in two days with a couple of AMc ships . Aren't they overpowered?

If you are referring to sweeping the mines laid at Singapore by the IJN the first turn, then its not surprising those are gone so fast. Its a couple of minelayer subs that make that field, so you only talking between 40-80 mines at most.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
RE: Mine Production - 7/9/2012 3:28:40 PM   
Puhis

One japanese mine laying sub = 40 mines. I think there is two I-boats laying mines in Singapore, so that's just 80 mines.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Mine Production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI