Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Warp speed - no peeking vontiger

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Warp speed - no peeking vontiger Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/7/2012 4:04:19 PM   
geofflambert

I don't have a save for anyone to look at (except today's after whatever happened) but if anyone's seen something like this before, let me know and let me know what if anything I might have done wrong.

It's 2/23/42, either one or two days ago (can't remember) I ordered a TF consisting of a short range PG and two short range AMs to leave Sydney and meet and merge with a TF (1 AMC) patrolling the Tulagi hex. I ordered another TF from Sydney (1 short range CM with mines and two AKs (to provide fuel to both TFs)) to follow the first TF. I looked for them today and couldn't find them anywhere on the way to Tulagi. I had to look up the PG's location and found both TFs together in good order but at hex 102,180 near NZ north of Invercargill and 18 hexes from Sydney. They might have made that in 3 days, but not 1 or 2, if I had erroneously given the first TF a waypoint down there which I couldn't since it is on a meet and merge order. The order is still in effect and they appear headed north to Tulagi.
Post #: 1
RE: Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/7/2012 10:06:05 PM   
JeffK

Could be avoided a perceived threat?

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 2
RE: Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/8/2012 2:25:13 AM   
geofflambert

There were some subs patrolling around Sydney, but nothing to drive them all the way to NZ. No surface, no air. But if 12 kt ships could cover 9 hexes due to such a threat, I'd love to find out how to get them to do it under other circumstances.

(in reply to JeffK)
Post #: 3
RE: Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/8/2012 8:46:42 PM   
Capt Cliff

I have found that when I assign say DD's to merge with a TF they seem to time warp and merge the very next turn unless they are over say 50 hexes ( a guess) away. They seem to exceed their max steaming range. An example a cargo TF entering the Indian Ocean from Cape Town, just on the map. I send 2 DD's or KV's to intercept and merge, and they do the very next turn! That merge algorithm needs to be checked.

Capt. Cliff

Post #: 4
RE: Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/13/2012 8:18:09 AM   
geofflambert

update: it's 2/26 and the two TFs just went twice as far as they possibly could and ended up in Aukland. They don't need fuel and they had no orders to go there. Their orders to meet and merge with the TF in Tulagi are still in effect.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 5
RE: Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/13/2012 4:24:15 PM   
witpqs

For this to be in any way looked at, you really must post save games.

Post #: 6
RE: Warp speed - no peeking vontiger - 7/13/2012 8:36:32 PM   
geofflambert

I believe it's solved. The TF still hadn't left Aukland so I ordered it to go to Tulagi and remain on station. The TF it was supposed to meet and merge is on patrol there. Its homeport is Aukland and its destination shows as such tho it's on patrol. I believe the TF ordered to meet just went to Aukland to wait for it. I must have lost track of how many days had past between checking on them.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Warp speed - no peeking vontiger Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI