Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

unable to load savegame. not enough memory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> unable to load savegame. not enough memory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/7/2012 3:26:21 PM   
assassinsat

I am new to distant worlds. Bought DW+ROTS+Legends. only a few days of playing but i already managed to grasp the basics. So i decided to jump into a 1400 star galaxy game, huge sectors, everything else normal, 8 empires, only racial victory conditions.

Played for a few hours. got 30+ colonies.everything was going smoothly. Saved and exited. Then started again in the afternoon and game says not enough memory to load the save game. I am in year 2781

I have a 6gb ram, intel i3 2100. nvidia gtx560. I run a windows 7 64 bit system. I think i have the 1.7.0.7 patch. I am stumped. Also i save lots of save games. Now none of my savegames work.same error pops up. Even smaller galaxy games. Please help!
Post #: 1
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/7/2012 5:20:57 PM   
assassinsat

And also i just tried to start a new game and it says unhandled exception. system out of memory or some such. damn! and if it helps, i run a few mods. mostly a ship set, some planet texture mods by igard, certain effect mods etc. But before this all happened i installed jon's explosionsv20 mod and a sound effect mod. But hard to think that would be the one causing all this?

(in reply to assassinsat)
Post #: 2
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/7/2012 7:29:34 PM   
Dracus

revmoe that mods and then see it it launches. Then you add in one mod at a time and repeat.

Post #: 3
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/7/2012 10:12:38 PM   
assassinsat

thanks for the reply. I tried that. It seems that its the explosion mod that is causing the trouble. When that was removed game worked again. Pity.i really liked those effects. Is it an error with the mod? Anybody else use it and get the same error?

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 4
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/8/2012 11:52:57 PM   
SVWGiant

Have you allready tested your savegame with v.1.7.0.15, specifically with the explosions mod?

Post #: 5
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/8/2012 11:53:24 PM   
Jon Micheelsen

Hey assasinsat. Let me look into that about the mod. I didn't do extensive testing for the last release as I didn't have a lot of time. But after some more playing I have noticed some performance issues as well, and have some ideas about what could be the cause. I'll throw up a link of the 12 version in the mod thread for the older version that ran fine!

Post #: 6
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/9/2012 6:24:41 PM   
assassinsat

@SVWGiant
No i haven't installed the 1.7.0.15 patch. isn't it still in beta? i saw lots of ppl complain about its bugs?

@Jon
Thanks mate. I'll check the 12 version out.

(in reply to Jon Micheelsen)
Post #: 7
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/10/2012 9:30:25 AM   
Jon Micheelsen

assassinat, I've just uploaded a light version - that should use a lot less memory. It will now be the recommended version to use.

Post #: 8
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/10/2012 5:14:16 PM   
assassinsat

so is it caused because my memory is low??

(in reply to Jon Micheelsen)
Post #: 9
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/10/2012 5:42:16 PM   
SVWGiant

quote:

ORIGINAL: assassinsat

so is it caused because my memory is low??

Hmmm, I dont think so. I have 16 GB RAM and the game is still crashing after 10 minutes playtime. I must save all 3-5 minutes Very bad memory allocation and no new official patch in sight...

< Message edited by SVWGiant -- 7/10/2012 5:43:41 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/10/2012 7:03:26 PM   
assassinsat

@SVWgiant
that must be insane. When i got the error i thought my ram had died.scary.

Is the beta stable enough to play?

(in reply to SVWGiant)
Post #: 11
RE: unable to load savegame. not enough memory - 7/10/2012 9:37:33 PM   
Jon Micheelsen

Hmmm... I run the beta as well, and my mod and have none of the problems you have... Anyhow scaling the explo mod down wasn't a bad idea anyway

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> unable to load savegame. not enough memory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI