Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

soviet base problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> soviet base problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
soviet base problem - 7/6/2012 11:51:29 PM   
jcjordan

Ok I'm in a late war game & the Soviets have been active for some time now. I'm trying to move some US troops I've unloaded at Komsomolsk (sp? - the port base on the inland river) The troops have unloaded but I can't move them from that base in any mode regardless of target base & it just resets to nothing during the turn. I've done some experimenting around & it seems that at any base that was pre activation Soviet you can't move anything to/from it but if there's a former IJ base captured you can. You can unload/load cargo/troops at the Soviet base but not refuel nor move a unit to/from the preactivation bases. If the Soviets are active you should be able to do these things
Post #: 1
RE: soviet base problem - 7/13/2012 10:13:48 PM   
jcjordan

I forgot to mention this is using the last BetaMP scen1 savegame started under original release played through quite a few patches.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2
RE: soviet base problem - 7/14/2012 2:12:08 AM   
michaelm

Thought I had replied to this.

There is some inconsistencies with regard to the 'Soviet' bases and non-Soviet units using said bases. I will be addressing that in the future.

At the moment, you can put Allied non-Soviet into a Soviet base, but it wont allow you to move them into a Soviet hex.

Michael

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 3
RE: soviet base problem - 7/14/2012 3:44:14 AM   
jcjordan

I've been able to move US units between the 2 former IJ Sakhalin Is bases both of which are now Soviet plus refuel Allied ships there. It's just the preactivation Soviet ones that seem to be a problem. I'm currently landing some in Korea to double check the former IJ base things though to be sure.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: soviet base problem - 7/14/2012 3:45:20 AM   
jcjordan

I can post the savegame if you want/need to peek around it

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 5
RE: soviet base problem - 7/14/2012 5:46:50 AM   
Alfred

I think the problem michaelm is dealing with stems from the following.

1. All land terrain hexes have a country code. In the case of the USSR it is code #90, for the Japanese Home islands it is code #100, but for Japanese held Sakhalin it is code #101.

2. Until Soviet activation occurs, Allied assets can not be placed in hexes coded #90.

3. Based on michaelm's post #3, it appears that currently, when Soviet activation occurs, the flag on hexes coded #90 which contain a Soviet base is swtiched to now allow for non Soviet Allied assets but the flag is not switched on the other code #90 hexes. Hence the non Soviet LCUs can not cross over these barred hexes to reach another Soviet base.

4. jcjordan is able to move American units on Sakhalin because they are crossing hexes coded #101. I suspect if he tried to move them back to prewar Soviet territory he would fail because then they would be traversing hexes coded #90. Landing in Korea should not lead to any problems because Korea is coded #104.

Alfred

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 6
RE: soviet base problem - 7/15/2012 5:30:36 AM   
jcjordan

Thanks for a more detail explanation on it Alfred. I didn't know the problem was actually country hex code based as I had only tried to move from base to base.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: soviet base problem - 7/15/2012 6:00:46 AM   
Alfred

Well that is only my interpretation of what michaelm meant in his post. It could be something completely different which is causing the problem.

Alfred

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 8
RE: soviet base problem - 7/15/2012 9:38:53 AM   
michaelm

The movement check is looking at the original nationality of the hex. Any hex inside the Soviet Border wont allow Allied non-Soviet units to move out of it.

Michael

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> soviet base problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI