Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!New shipping cost for European territories!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch - 7/6/2012 5:12:04 PM   
Capt Cliff

I have an Aussie FP squadron that has 9 planes (12 max possible) but it has only 6 pilots and I can not give the squadron any more!! No this squadron has a bunch of detachment spread over the Aussie surface force, on cruisers.

FYI ... Any suggestion as to how to fix this?

Attachment (1)

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch - 7/6/2012 6:07:36 PM   
Sardaukar

You seem to have detachment of fragment somewhere, that's why you cannot add more pilots.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch - 7/6/2012 8:04:19 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

You seem to have detachment of fragment somewhere, that's why you cannot add more pilots.

Well not exactly, see screen shot. It shows a max size of 12 for this unit but it has 7 aircraft detached to cruisers, which means I should have only 5 pilots left but I have 6!!?? Something is wrong, one way or the other.

Attachment (1)

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch - 7/7/2012 12:11:18 AM   
Alfred

There is nothing wrong with No9 Sqn RAAF and its pilots

1. That unit is scenario specific broken down into sub components which are not technically fragments but their own independent existence units. Only if all the independent subcomponents were reunited, would No9 Sqn RAAF become a 12 plane group.

2. No9 Sqn RAAF therefore is a 5 plane unit. It shows 9 planes because it includes the optional 4 planes which would be in reserve for other units.

3. As it is a 5 plane squadron, it only has 5 pilots. However, like all units you can overstaff a unit with 33% more pilots. Thus why you have 6 pilots and why you cannot add any more pilots to the unit.

If you look at the relatively few other squadrons which have been specifically scenario broken down into their subcomponents, you will see the same situation.

Alfred

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Air Group Size and Pilot Number Mismatch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI