From: Bratislava, Slovakia
it does still exist somewhere on the forum :D
My old AAR. I am playing with the idea to resurrect it somehow (But I doubt I will be able to fabricate 14 months of game time).
So far several important things happened:
1. I got married and got a child born in 2015
2. 2vs2 game was split to 2x 1vs1 sometime in mid 1942. I am still playing against the Aleksander Hahn. I have no idea about the other half - maybe one of the other players can drop in and say what has happened there.
3. It is end of april 1943 in our game.
4. Japan had not so great moment in mid 1942 loosing part of KB near Gilberts.
5. Allies landed on Paramushiro and Onnekotan in Aleutians just before Winter season of 1942. Japan got Paramushiro back right in the spring of 1943 - One allied Division was completely wiped out. Allies just finished resupplying Onnekotan.
6. Allies got Gilbert's and Eastern Marshall's (Eniwetok, Roi-Namur and Kwajalein are still in Emperors hands, but under constant Air attack) while KB was occupied near Kuriles.
7. Solomon Islands are also in allied hands up to the Buka with some Japanese troops on Bougainville island.
8. Rabaul and Kavieng got some heavy beating from air and ships and are currently not of much use for the Empire.
9. New Guinea is still firmly in Emperors hands.
10. Raid on Northern Australia was recalled early in 1942 and troops are entrenching the southern perimeter.
11. Major allied effort is being carried in the jungles of Burma - All three Australian Divisions, at least one US Division, Indian and British formations are slowly pushing the Japanese troops out of Burma. They are currently knocking down on the doors of Rangoon, Pegu and Moulmein. Allies tried some Amphibious operations at Akyab and Moulmein, and done some infiltration and encirclement moves which forced Emperors forces to fall back from Burma, but the price was not so big so far. Enemy paratroopers had cut off Singapore-Bangkok Railway in southern Thailand, but they are being taken care of by Japanese armor at the present time
12. China settled into a stalemate, but Japanese still keep upper hand as the Chinese are little short on supply.
13. Naval war: After the defeat in the battle of Gilbert's, the Japanese Navy has been forced into defensive, but is still strong and carried several raids all around the Pacific - with the major mission of keeping Allies stuck in the Kuril's islands and carrying out a counter attack. Allied naval concentrations are at Aleutians and in the Solomons. Japan still has all its Battleships (minus one sunk in the Palau battle in the opening days of war), just 5 CAs are remaining (but they took out several allied battlewagons with them), CLs and DDs are still in good shape. Number and names of active Japanese CVs is a secret Allied subs were not too effective so far. Japanese subs are targets - more or less.
14. Air War: Emperors Eagles are still keeping upper hand in total A2A losses, keeping air parity in Burma, but got some beating in the Solomon's recently. Most of the bombers are operating in China. Primary combat aircraft models are still Ki-43IIb Oscar, Ki-44IIa Tojo and Ki-61Ia Tony for the Army and A6M3/3a Zero for the Navy. Ki-44IIb Tojo, A6M5 Zero, D4Y1 Judy and B6N1 Jill are just entering the service in numbers.
15. Industry: Still strong, I am considering stopping all further xAK ship production at the 10xDurability mark (IIRC that is the point the ships actually starts consuming MSY points to advance) - to save some MSY and HI plus keep the ships on "shortest availability list".