Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Birth of America 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Birth of America 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Birth of America 2 - 7/6/2012 3:37:01 AM   
KG Erwin

I recently finished the French & Indian War Colonial Campaign with BOA2, and after almost eight years I won a decisive victory as the British. Starting in April 1755, I took New Orleans and Detroit and won over a tough French AI in March 1763. I've had this AGEOD game for four years, and this is the first campaign I've actually finished. The Colonial variant is very interesting, as the American Colonials, unless they are trained properly, tend to go home every winter. In the first 3-4 years, the British don't have enough regulars to defeat the French and their Indian allies, and the French tend to launch raiding forces deep into the interior of the British/American foothold on the East Coast. It takes patience and perserveance to stick with it, but after 1760 I knew I had the war won.

Apart from playing the game itself, I highly recommend Fred Anderson's magisterial book "Crucible of War", which is the definitive history of the Seven Years War in North America.

I suppose to follow this up, I need to go twenty years along and play out the American Revolutionary War. Of course this time I will take command of the freshly minted United States Continentals. This will also be the first time I can command the US Marines, who will come into existence in Nov 1775.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 7/6/2012 3:43:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Birth of America 2 - 7/7/2012 12:52:55 AM   
OldSarge

BOA2 has been on my holiday sale wish list for years. Something always seems to come up to stop me from getting it. I was going to pick it up on the last sale but Plimus stopped processing PayPal transactions during the sale so I missed out. Sigh! Maybe this year!

Short 60 percent infantry; 90 percent artillery.
Combat efficency: excellent.
LTC Robert Wienecke, 82nd Airborne Division
G-3 report, evening June 6, 1944

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: Birth of America 2 - 7/18/2012 10:42:57 AM   
JKLcvbf

I am waiting for it

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Birth of America 2 - 7/18/2012 4:05:02 PM   
planner 3

The French had a war with India ? When did all this happen ? Where was I ?

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to JKLcvbf)
Post #: 4
RE: Birth of America 2 - 7/18/2012 4:54:16 PM   
Emir Agic

I have just simultaneously playing two PBEM campaigns as GBR in French-Indian War scenarios. Great game.

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 5
RE: Birth of America 2 - 7/18/2012 7:26:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: planner 3

The French had a war with India ? When did all this happen ? Where was I ?
Warspite1

Just for your information, the French DID NOT have a war with India. They were never there. Only those nasty British had an Empire*.

*Wow, I always feel better after a great big dollop of sarcasm, washed down with a cool refreshing glass of sarcasm, and finished off with a touch of sarcasm

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to planner 3)
Post #: 6
RE: Birth of America 2 - 7/21/2012 6:56:42 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldSarge

BOA2 has been on my holiday sale wish list for years. Something always seems to come up to stop me from getting it. I was going to pick it up on the last sale but Plimus stopped processing PayPal transactions during the sale so I missed out. Sigh! Maybe this year!

Dunno what the sale price is/was, presumably lower, but just in case. BOA2 for 15$, with S&H if u buy from subseller along with 2 other games.

http://www.amazon.com/Ageod-Strategy-Collection-Battles-1750-1918-DVD/dp/B002MCZMX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342893127&sr=8-1&keywords=ageod+strategy

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Birth of America 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message