Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Figuring it out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Figuring it out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Figuring it out - 7/5/2012 12:08:11 AM   
MPHopcroft

I've now had EIA for several years and I still haven't figured out the interface. I feel really stupid as a result of this.

Now admittedly the only times I've tried to play have been solo with no live-player component on the other sides. What that means is that I haven't had an opponent to pester with my gameplay questions, like how to move armies or indeed to place them once they are built. Again, I feel somewhat stupid when it comes to this particular game. I'm pretty comfortable with some boardgames of this era, but they tend to be more abstract like GMT's The Napoleonic Wars.

I hope someone who likes the game well enough to play it has a few suggestions.

"Any asset that would cost you the war if lost is no longer an asset, but a liability." -- Me

"No plan survives the battlefield" -- old Army saw.
Post #: 1
RE: Figuring it out - 7/6/2012 2:27:39 PM   
pzgndr

Have you updated to v1.08.07 and reviewed the updated User Manual in the \Data\docs folder? The updated manual contains more clarifying information than the original manual and if you haven't reviewed it, then maybe it will help.

I have sent to gazfun a pdf copy of Murat's tutorial for posting at generalshq.org. It's a little dated now but still provides a lot of answers to some basic gameplay questions to help get folks started. I keep seeing requests for a tutorial so anything is better than nothing.

(in reply to MPHopcroft)
Post #: 2
RE: Figuring it out - 7/21/2012 5:09:27 AM   
gazfun

quote:

ORIGINAL: MPHopcroft

I've now had EIA for several years and I still haven't figured out the interface. I feel really stupid as a result of this.

Now admittedly the only times I've tried to play have been solo with no live-player component on the other sides. What that means is that I haven't had an opponent to pester with my gameplay questions, like how to move armies or indeed to place them once they are built. Again, I feel somewhat stupid when it comes to this particular game. I'm pretty comfortable with some boardgames of this era, but they tend to be more abstract like GMT's The Napoleonic Wars.

I hope someone who likes the game well enough to play it has a few suggestions.

Thanks for joining us, you will get a game soon Im sure of it

Create your own history at www.thegeneralshq.org

(in reply to MPHopcroft)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empire in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Figuring it out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI