Error: can't load saved game 3@

Post bug reports and request technical assistance here.

Moderators: warshipbuilder, simovitch

davidpballmh

Error: can't load saved game 3@

Post by davidpballmh »

I am in the middle of a PBEM game for BTR. It has always worked fine.

A couple of days ago, after I last sent out the game turn to my opponent, I started a second PBEM game with a new opponent. I am Luftwaffe in both games. The first player has sent me his next game turn and I get the above message. The new player has yet to send me his first turn.

If I load the EMAIL file for the previous game turn from my first opponent it still opens up fine - it is just the new one. I can still load my AI games fine.

Any ideas - is it his system or mine?

Regards

Dave
davidpballmh

RE: Error: can't load saved game 3@

Post by davidpballmh »

We did the obvious thing. As the bug is in the Save code I just got the Allied player to re-plan his day from my last end of day, and away you go.
harley

Post by harley »

sorry, Dave.

I have fixed this in the dev build, but it's not ready for beta test yet.

I am able to recover games for people when this happens, though.
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
RichSpeck

Post by RichSpeck »

I am doing the Aug 43 campaign against the AI and am up to the first week of Apr 44. I got this error on my last save (4/2). When I went back to the previous day(4/1) and redid the turn and saved to a different slot, I got the same error. I reloaded the save prior to the last good (3/31) redid this turn and saved in a 3rd different slot and now get the error in this slot. So, 3 different save slots are corrupted and my campaign is at a halt. Is there a fix for this or is my campaign screwed?
RichSpeck

Post by RichSpeck »

I have messed around with my Aug 43 campaign game and had to go back to my 3/30 turn save (save slot 8), losing my 3/31, 4/1, and 4/2 saves (save slots 1-3). The autosave slot for 4/2 also returned this error message. Is there a way to avoid this error? For example, does repeatedly saving over a game in a save slot increase the chance for an error? Is this error specific to a slot or to the actual game turn itself? Right now, I have started double saving my games in two different slots. I'll see how this works.

warshipbuilder

Post by warshipbuilder »

Hey Harley,

The same thing just happened to me. The PBEM game in the 3 slot is a no go. Five days of mission planning down the tubes. If you have a way of getting it back for me I would truly appreciate it. Arrgh,I don't want to have to plan all those missions over again. HELP!!!!!
warshipbuilder

Any ship can be a minesweeper, once.
ED/BTR Ressurection Project
https://www.bombercommandmuseumarchives.ca/
JWH

Re: Error: can't load saved game 3@

Post by JWH »

Was a fix ever found for this problem? This has happened in my latest game.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

I never knew this error existed. I can see harley's attempt to fix something in the code but I'm not sure it was ever properly tested.

When did you start the pbem game? is it the exact same issue, with slots 1-3?
simovitch

JWH

Post by JWH »

This isn't a PBEM, just a normal 43 campaign. The broken turn is 10/06/43, although it happened before at c.10/01/43 but in that one the Autosave worked; this time it affects both the 'main' save game and the Autosave, so I am stuck.
JWH

Post by JWH »

And sorry, yes, exact same issue with those slots. I copied a game into a different slot to see if that itself made a difference, but it did not.
Johntxic

Post by Johntxic »

I know your horse has bolted, JWH, but it is for this very reason I save all my games in 2 separate slots: one at the expiry of the Turn and a second one after End Turn.
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.

Return to “Tech Support”