Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about moving air unit by rail

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question about moving air unit by rail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about moving air unit by rail - 7/4/2012 1:13:49 PM   
richlove

Pretty simple question: how do you do it? I've got a squadron of the AVG in Kweilin, with several damaged airplanes. I suspect the airfield is going to get bombed, so i want to move them out of harm's way. Changsa seems to be connected via rail. I've read that you can move air units via rail, but how? Transfer via the unit info screen seems to only move the undamaged planes, not all of them. What am I missing?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Question about moving air unit by rail - 7/4/2012 1:25:11 PM   
n01487477

Fly out the undamaged and move the rest by rail ...

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to richlove)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about moving air unit by rail - 7/4/2012 3:44:08 PM   
Alfred

On the squadron screen, click on transfer to base button. A list then appears of all the bases the squadron can move to.

1. If the move can only be accomplished by rail, the destination will be shown with a "r" next to it. Clicking on that railed base will move the entire squadron into the "reinforcement" queue and the unit will usually appear no later than 3 days later at the railed destination. The movement period may be less as it is depends on the distance between the two bases.

2. If the destination base does not have a "r" but is connected by rail, you can do as n01487477 said. Fly out the squadron. The ready planes will fly out immediately, the damaged ones will follow by rail at the end of the turn. The fragment and parent will then combine automatically at the destination base.

Alfred

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about moving air unit by rail - 7/5/2012 9:22:57 AM   
richlove

Thank you both!

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question about moving air unit by rail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI