Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Glitch with start box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Glitch with start box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Glitch with start box - 7/3/2012 5:12:29 PM   
Twotribes

After I start the game with the newest patch I have a glitch where the start box will appear over the screen. This is no big problem usually and I can just close it but occasionally it closes the map and I am left with just the start box.
Post #: 1
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/5/2012 9:16:32 PM   
Twotribes

Is no one reading this forum? I keep losing turns and games because of this it happens at random times.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 2
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/6/2012 6:24:55 AM   
Twotribes

This is a serious problem. While editting as you scroll it randomly pops the start box and this can lead to losing the game and having to start a new one. While playing when ever you select the Hqs for a city it randomly pops the start box sometimes the box is over the map and can be turned off sometimes it drops you to the desktop with just the start box losing the game.

It also happens randomly while clicking units to move.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 3
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/6/2012 1:38:47 PM   
Vic

Hi twotribes,

Sorry for not responding sooner.
I am not sure i understand what the 'startbox' is? do you mean the matrix 'game menu' that you can use to start the game or read the manual?

@others,

anybody else expierencing this issue?

Best regards,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 4
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/7/2012 4:45:23 AM   
Twotribes

Yes the matrix menu. I can manually close it by shrinking the game after it starts but I still get flickers and the menu bar from the desktop appearing.

I have windows 7 Home edition. I installed the game a long while back and just recently did the latest update.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/8/2012 11:03:08 AM   
Vic

Well in a way i dont think its my game thats causing your problem. However i'll make Matrix aware of this issue with installer.
Furthermore the workaround is of course easy: start up the game through a desktop shortcut or throught the 'start' menu.

best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 7/8/2012 3:59:56 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 6
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/8/2012 12:04:56 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Is no one reading this forum? I keep losing turns and games because of this it happens at random times.

WEll I was reading the forum just did't know the answer /puzzled. I have this game menu as well, but it disappears under the game once it has started ... so no clue. I realize that when you minimize the game this game menu re-appears again, but that doesn't answer you question.
I have had similar problems with Fall Out3 where my righthand taskbar kept flickering into the game, and the menubar from windows kept interfering too, so I had to turn them both off. I think it's something like right-click and then "turn-off" from the menu. Not really a solution but hey it worked and I've played FOIII more than 200 hours

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 7
RE: Glitch with start box - 7/18/2012 4:52:56 AM   
Twotribes

I can recreate the problem.

Any box in the game that has a scroll bar for looking at the whole list, rapidly click the scroll up or down and you will have several things happen. One is the screen will flicker and crash if you click enough to pass the end of the scroll bar, another is the Matrix menu box will appear if you don't crash the game.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Glitch with start box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI